Chapter 7

"Jack!" Jack's little sister beamed.

Jack Frost looked down at his little sister and smiled softly.

"Jack! Will you play wil me?"

Jack nodded, and led her her to a clear area in Pitch's lair. A ball appeared in his sister's hand, and she tossed it to him. Jack and his sister played for while.

"Jack, I love you," His sister hugged him.

Jack had tears in his eyes and he hugged her as tight as possible. But she vanished before he could say anything t her.

"That's enough for today," Pitch said.

The joy left Jack's eyes, and he went back to being a soulless being. He bowed down. "What is my next task master?"

Pitch put a hand on Jack's shoulder and led him to the globe.

"No lights have gone out," Pitch said angrily. "So we're going to make them." he handed Jack a jar of nightmare sand. "In this jar is a nightmare I designed myself. A dream that will tell every child that every guardian never existed. Sprinkle it into the children's dreams tonight."

"Yes master," Jack said.

****

Jack entered the room of a child. A child he swear he knew from somewhere. On the wall was a drawing of the child of a sled. The child was....Jamie. But Jack didn't recognize him. In fact he knew no one but Pitch, and his sister.

Jack looked at Jamie's dream. It was him and his sister, Sophie playing on a beach. And the guardians were with them! Jack took out the jar, and sprinkled some dark sand onto the dream. The dream instantly erased the guardians from it, and Jamie started to toss and turn.

Jack was about to leave when Jamie burst awake, breathing hard. He noticed Jack Frost, about to jump out his window.

"Jack Frost!" he smiled. He jumped out of bed and hugged him. "Jack...I just had a nightmare! Does this mean Pitch is back?"

Jack Frost pushed Jamie off him, and came into the light. Jamie gasped at Jack's new look. "Jack, what happened to your...everything?"

Jack ignored him, and kept off into the night.