Chapter 9

The guardians rushed around the pole, trying to think of ways to bring Jack Frost back. Tooth was on the edge of tears. She burst into them.

"Tooth What's wrong?" Bunny went to comfort her

"I miss him!" she cried out. "And now he might be gone forever!"

Sandy put a hand on her shoulder.

"It's gonna be OK," North said. "We're gonna fix him."

"But what if we don't?" she bawled. "We can't even find him!"

A chattering noise interrupted Tooth, and Babytooth came flying in.

"Babytooth!" they gasped.

She chittered quickly.

Sandman made a question mark above his head.

"She says Jamie has lost a tooth!"" Tooth gasped, smiling a little. "I have to go get it!"

"Whoa, Whoa," Bunny stopped her. "Why can't the little fairies do it?"

"We can't rsk anymore of the fairies being captured. I'm the only one big enough to defend myself. And Jamie needs to keep believing." she flew out the window.

****

Tooth crawled into Jamie's window. A dream of gold and floated above his head. It was hm and Jack playing in the sand. Tooth teared up a little. She wanted that for him so badly.

Tooth crouched down and looked under his pillow. There was a piece of paper under it. Tooth took it and opened it:

Dear Tooth Fairy,

I have very important info to tell you ! PLease wake me up!

-Jamie

Tooth gasped, and shook Jamie awake. Jamie rubbed his eyes and gasped.

"You got my note!" he cheered.

"Yes!" Tooth said. "What is it?"

"I had a nightmare a few nights ago, and I think Pitch is back! And that's not all! Jack was in my room that night, and he looked different."

Tooth gasped. "He was here?! What was he doing??!"

"I don't know," Jamie said. "He just...left me. But he left this!" Jamie walked over to his desk, and picked up a small blue box.

"This was my christmas gift to him!" Tooth gasped.

"What was it?"

"Some of his teeth,"

"Teeth?"

"Teeth hold memories, Jamie. Jack used to have a past life before he was a guardian. And he has trouble remembering it. So I gave him these! And now that we have them back, we can get Jack back!"

"What do you mean get Jack back?"

Tooth sighed. "We think Pitch has turned Jack evil. In fact, we know he has."

Jamie gasped, tears in his eyes.

"But we're gonna get him back! With these," she held up a pearly white tooth.