Epilogue

LEYLA

It has been three years since I last saw them. After I went back home, I was greeted with an unpleasant surprise. Sebastian. He wasn't as good as I thought he was. Evan was right. When I got home, Sebastian was drinking and running around the club nearby his house. I was unhappy with the fact that he was never kidnapped in the first place. I felt like a fool for not believing them. Now that no human can no longer go back to the other realm, I don't think it's really worth talking about it.

I'm back to my usual routine. Wake up. Eat. Work. Go home. Eat. Sleep. The cycle goes on and on. I was very furious with Sebastian's sudden revelation about my sister's whereabouts. I wanted kill him at the very moment he told me that he was the reason why Marissa was gone. He was drunk that time. He even blamed me for it. He told me that I ruined everything he worked hard for.

He doesn't seem to care anymore. He was forced to live on the streets because his father disowned him and didn't want anything to do with him or his money. Marissa, on the other hand hasn't talked to me ever since she was rescued from her captor's home. It was shocking to find out that the couple who saved me that time were the reasons why my sister was like this. She didn't want to talk to anybody nor does she care.

My life automatically went from interesting to boring. Sometimes...I feel like a robot. I sometimes question myself if this is really what I want to do with my life. Work hard, earn money and then, what's next? Love is out of the answer. I'm not sure if I'll be able to find that. I don't want that person to end up like Julian.

There are so many things that I want answers to. I am so confused about everything that happened to me. It was surreal. Full of puzzles that can never be put together. So many things I have no clue about. A mystery that only people like Muerte knows.

I sighed as I stared at the mug full of coffee on the table. I was currently at a coffee shop near my house. I glanced at the laptop that was placed next to the mug on the table. I was busy sending out emails to a company that I'm in a partnership with. What am I even doing with my life? Is this what I really want?

To work all day long, not seeing or talking to an actual person. To earn and save as much as money that I don't need at the moment. To save money for my future. What's my future, then? Is this what I really need? Is this what I want? I suddenly remembered Evan. He told me that I waste my time too much on work and doesn't savour every moment of my life. He told me that I was basically taking a risk of being a loner forever.

I snapped out of my thoughts as I heard someone come in the coffee shop. Footsteps walked towards my direction. I focused my eyes on the screen of the laptop, sipping my coffee. The footsteps stopped in front of my table before a voice spoke, catching me off guard. "Still not following my advice, huh?"

I spat my coffee and almost drop the mug that I was holding in my left hand. I was having doubts. What if...No. That's impossible. I looked up to find a familiar face that I haven't seen for three years. I gaped and said, "W-What are you doing here?"

He let out a playful scowl and said, "I'm not welcome then, stranger?" I don't have whether to feel insulted or happy. He smirked and added, "I guess we're strangers after all." I rolled my eyes and avoided his glance while saying, "Why are you even here? I thought you said you're never going to see me again. What's with that? Did you just lie?"

He placed his hands in front of him jokingly and said, "Just chill woman. I never lied. I only told you that there's a low probability of me ever seeing you again. Work must be getting on your nerves lately. You're acting so cranky early in the morning. That's not a good attitude to start the day." I looked at him with an unimpressed expression on my face.