37: Picture Frames

THANATOS

THANATOS

"So what you are saying is that you're from another realm? Do you honestly think that I would believe such an outlandish claim?" Olivia said as she sat down on the chair across me. She stared at me with an unimpressed look on her face. I met her when I was in the hospital as I was escaping. She helped me even when I told her such unbelievable backstory. I'm now currently at her home in the living room.

"It may seem like a joke but I'm telling you the truth. I'm not from here. Why else would I ask help? Why else would I be here?" I replied. She stared at me, trying to see if I'm lying or not. She sighed in defeat and said, "You're not lying. But I still cannot believe your claims. You've escape from the mental ward and I do think you are insane. Why did I ever help you? You're crazy."

"Maybe because you're hot," she added as she stared at me with goggly eyes. I can't help but feel at unease with her statement. I was about to reply when we heard noises coming from next door. Olivia's face turned into confusion before paling in fear. "You okay? You seem frightened," I said. She ignored my statement and stood up. She walked out of the house, slamming the door shut.

After a few minutes, I heard a glass shattering making me feel some bad vibes. What's happening out there? Should I interfere? I then heard Olivia yell, "Come back here and show yourselves! You're such a coward!" The way she said that was like a mix of nervousness and anger. Maybe this girl isn't somebody I should have asked help.

That's makes me wonder. Where did the voice go? Was it just a hallucination? A nightmare? I don't understand. Wait. What exactly happened before I got to the hospital? What- I can't remember. It's quite blurry. W-What is happening to me? It was like my memory was erased. I can't remember a thing except that I don't belong here. In this realm.

DEOR

"So you're saying that Marian the witch married the king of the Fae and this child is theirs?" Thomas, the vampire said as he points towards Cyan. I nodded in reply. He let out a laugh before saying, "I knew it."

"Anyways, back to the topic. So you're telling me that it was all the queen's doing but it wasn't actually her?" I said as the vampire nodded his head. He grinned, flashing his sharp teeth before saying, "Yes. Everything points to her. She's a very very very manipulative person. She's a witch after all. Her history is unknown."

He suddenly stopped and looked at me with an apologetic look before saying, "Sorry about that. I forgot that you're part witch. I didn't mean to offend you." I just nodded and gestured him to continue talking. "Well, I've been here in this cave for a hundred years or maybe more. I don't know. I'm too old. But we vampires know little about the current happenings in this realm but we have enough knowledge on the past."