Chapter 5

"Cleaning?!" Jirou asks in disbelief.

"Yes. Cleaning," Kaminari replied nonchalantly.

"But that's boring! Even the readers won't enjoy it!" She complains.

"I don't care if it's boring. It's your fault in the first place why my place is still messy. And what readers are you talking about?"

"I'm not helping."

"Urrgghh... Fine! Do what you like!"

After their breakfast, Jirou asked Kaminari to go out today to play. But he was tired yesterday so he didn't get any chance to clean his messy place which leads to the previous conversation.

She watches him collect the sprawled books on the floor and place them on top of his table. They're not the school-related books, obviously. Those are just mangas. His magazines were hidden somewhere.

But since watching someone clean their room is really boring, Jirou walks into the living room and tries to get herself on the sofa but it is too high for her. She whines and calls the lad to help her. The blonde peeks from the room with an annoyed face. He sighs in exasperation and went to her. He carries her and slowly puts her on the sofa. He was about to leave when the kid calls him again.

"Hey, I wanna watch. Please open the TV for me," she pleaded with puppy eyes. She swings her feet back and forth, hitting the couch on the process.

Arguing with the kid is a pain so he just did what she wants. He plugs in the TV plug and opens it. He took the remote laying near it and gave it to Jirou.

"Here. Don't disturb me again. I still have a lot of things to do," he said to her.

She took the remote from his hand and looks away. "U-um, you're really good at taking care of kids. I think I'm starting to like you. That's why..." There was a long pause. She is starting to get fidgety. She slowly looks up at him with sparkling eyes and a pink face. "Please wait for me to grow up. I want to marry Dor- Denki so, please call me Kyouka from now on."

A surprise proposal from a kid, good job, Kaminari. You've earned yourself a fan-kid.

His face is unreadable. It's like he's making a troubled, disgusted, horrified, and shocked expressions. Never in his life did he expect to receive a confession, rather, a proposal from a kid. Lots of questions clouded Kaminari's brain. What does she mean by 'grow up'? Her original form? If that's the case if they were able to turn her back to normal, are they going to marry by then? But they're still not in the legal age.

"Wow. I never expect you to take that seriously," a child's voice broke his train of thoughts. Say what now? He looks at the kid with a mocking face. "It was a joke. I can't believe you actually believed in that."

Veins popped on Kaminari's forehead. This girl is still making fun of him even in this form. Just how much does she like to tease him? He walks back to his room to continue cleaning before he could do anything to the kid.

"Hey, Donk- Denki! I actually mean the other statement. Call me Kyouka," she smiles whilst staring at the lad who paused walking after she called him.

He slowly turns his head. "Then, don't mess up my name when you're calling me."

×××

Kaminari just finished cleaning the room. He rarely cleans his house but this time, it is really necessary, thanks to Jirou. He felt really tired after minutes of cleaning so he decided to rest on the living room and also check what Jirou is up to. He was about to go to the living room but he heard some loud sounds coming from there. As he walks nearer and nearer, the sound is getting louder and louder. What the heck is that kid doing now? When he reached the living room, the television is playing an anime opening. The volume is high so it is really deafening but the girl seems to enjoy it more this way. Jirou noticed Kaminari sits beside her and decreased the volume.

"Ah! Why did you- oh no, the chorus is starting! Hey, you dance the guys' parts. I'm going to dance the girls' parts."

"What-?"

"Hirari hirari
Mekuri mekuru..."

The girl imitated the movements of the pink-haired girl on the TV. She turns to him and whispered, "It's your turn."

"Huh?"

"Sutoori, sutoori..."

"Hey! Copy him!"

"Kido airaku sawashii~"

Kaminari doesn't know what's happening but he just imitated the glasses guy on screen. He failed, though. Jirou went behind Kaminari but still on the seat to imitate the previous girl.

Another character appeared and Jirou mimics the movements again.

"Hirari hirari
Mekuri mekuru~"

"Your turn," she told Kaminari without looking at him.

"This is stupid," he mumbled but still copied the actions of another guy on the screen. Small hands covered his eyes. He doesn't understand what is happening. When she took her hands off, he just realized that it's also part of the dance. After the opening is done, he is pulling another weird face again.

"That was fun! I never imagined that I'll be doing it with a partner!" Jirou chirped then sits on the sofa beside Kaminari.

"What was that?" Kaminari asked no one.

"Wotakoi opening. It's to hype the readers who are watching the show. After all, what you did earlier was boring. Even the author didn't go into details with your cleaning," she replied innocently with a wide smile on her face.
"Again, what's with the readers?! What are you talking about?" The lad asked irritatedly, not knowing what are the random words that are escaping from the little girl's lips. She's making it sound like they are in a story.

"Hey, let's dance again tomorrow! You better memorize the steps, okay?"

"I'll pass."

ⓐⓝ

I was influenced by Gintama, that's why this chapter is like this lol