Chapter 7

After he heard the alarming news from Kaminari, Aizawa kept a cool demeanor. He's worried, of course, but he knew that it can be solved. He turns to his side to ask the other teachers but unfortunately, his seatmates already left a few minutes ago. He looks at his laptop again to do the job for himself. He left something heavy rests on his shoulder. He looks at that thing and saw a hand.

"Yo, Eraser. Still not going home?" A voice Aizawa knows said. He shoves the hand away and turns his attention back to the screen. "Same goes to you, Mic."

Present Mic pulls the chair beside Aizawa and seats on it. He leans closer to the raven-haired guy while staring at the laptop. "A quirk that can turn someone younger? Does somebody even possess such ability?"

"I don't know," replied Eraser Head without taking his eyes off the screen.

"Then why are you searching for it?"

"One of my students told me earlier that one of his classmates shrunk. I'm not sure what has caused it but I'm guessing that it's a quirk. I told him to look after her for the time being because the girl's parents are not at home."

"Sounds tough. Anyway, I guess you should go home now and continue that in your home. Almost everyone already left," Present Mic stood up and walks to the door while waving his hand.

Eraser Head looks at him take his exit at the faculty. He sighed. He turns off his laptop and packs his things. Maybe he should leave now since it's already late. He slung his bag over his shoulder and left the teachers' lounge. He passed a few classrooms on his way. Most of them are closed except for one, the Support Department. The door is slightly open and the lights are still on. He thought that it must be the maintenance man but he checked it anyway in case his guess is wrong. As he gets closer, he can hear muffled voices coming from the room. He stops at the front of the door and listens to the conversation inside.

"What?! You lost it?! Since when? Did you saw where they went?" The voice sounds really troubled. Nobody responded inside the classroom, but he heard someone spoke on the phone. The 1-A adviser can't hear it clearly so he shoved the door to see what is happening.

Three students turned to the door, gasping as they saw a teacher. They have terrified expressions on their faces. The person on the other line of the phone spoke, asking what is happening, but the three can't answer because of shock and fear.

"It's past school hours. Why are you still here?" Aizawa asked in his usual monotone voice.

"W-we're sorry! We were just finishing things and about to leave," one of the students bowed then the other two did the same.

He stares at them and said, "So, what's the problem? Who lost what?"

The three raised their heads. They looked hesitant.

"U-um... One of our classmates lost one of our inventions. We still don't know the details but it seems like it was stolen," one of them said in a low voice.

"Is that Aizawa-sensei?" the guy on the phone asked. They almost forgot that the call is still on.

"Yeah," the guy holding the phone answered.

The teacher walks towards them and gestures the student to give him the phone. He hands over it to him and Aizawa places the phone near his ear.

"This is Aizawa. What happened?"

"Sensei? Um, I lost one of our devices. I was carrying it on my way home to fix some possible errors but a gang of thugs stopped me. They forcefully took the device and beat me. That one doesn't bring much harm but it's still a problem if they used it."

"Then why did you even made that if it's going to be a problem?"

"Because some older women want it, sir."

"What kind of invention do the older women want, anyway?" he asked.

"Something that will make them look younger," one of them answered gleefully.

"Of course," he commented. "Well, we don't want to create a problem so I'll try to help. Just give me the details about those gangs later so these guys can go home," he said to the guy on the phone.

"Alright, sir. Thank you very much."

The three students thanked him as well. Before he could press the end call button, the guy spoke again.

"By the way, when they were trying to snatch it away from me, they accidentally clicked the activate button. I think the laser hit someone."

"Where is that?"

"In front of an apartment building."

×××

Aizawa got to his home, exhausted. He lazily walks to the sofa and sits on it. He rested his back and pulls his phone out of his pocket. There's no doubt about it. That device made by the students must be the one behind Jirou's sudden transformation. Everything they said fits perfectly with what is happening to his student. He searches for Kaminari's number on his contacts and called him. The phone rings for a few seconds then someone picks up.

"Hello, sensei?" the lad spoke.

"Kaminari, how is Jirou?"

"She's okay."

"I see. That's good. Anyway," he paused. "We finally found out the reason for Jirou's case."

"R-really?" he stammered. Aizawa can hear the sadness in his voice.

"I can see that you're having fun. Sorry to spoil it. But don't worry. She can still stay with you, for now. The thing that made her like that is missing. I'm going to help the students from the Support Department in finding it. They created that in the first place, after all."

"I see. Thank you very much for the update," Kaminari said, sounding relieved.

After their conversation, Aizawa ended the call and laid on the sofa. "At least, that's one mystery done."

ⓐⓝ

First of all, I would like to thank you for the 1k views. That's really fast lmao

Also, we have school now so I can't assure the regular updates. Our schedule is really tough and we get tons of homework at weekends so I have no time to type. But I would really try to take some time to update this book for you so please bear with me.

And lastly, Happy Birthday to our dear Pikachu, Kaminari Denki!!