chapter 1

Apologize - One Republic

Never Say Never - The Fray

Be The One - The Fray

Secrets - One Republic

Run For Your Life - The Fray

At this point, tears were just a basic daily thing. I wasnt surprised when they came. Im not even sure how they came. Sometimes I'd just feel water hit against my skin and reach up to feel tears on my cheek.

"Will you go get some dinner or something?" said the jerk on the couch.

"Uhm yeah sure," I said quickly wiping away what was left. I grabbed my keys and quickly headed out the door.

I turned up the music to a perfect volume and hoped it would drown out all my worries. No such luck.

So many irritating thoughts of just leaving this hell and driving away as fast as I can went through my mind. But I couldn't. It wasnt that simple. It never was.

With rain pounding on the window it was no surprise bad memories found me.

{ flashback }

"Open this door right now!" I heard someone yell.

"Mom?" I asked with wide eyes.

If it was possible, hers were wider than mine.

She slowly approached the door and twisted the knob.

5 police barged through, one handcuffing my mother.

Even though I was 14, I began yelling. Strangely, a police woman came up to me hugging and comforting me saying, "She'll be gone. You'll be alright."

That never made sense to me until several hours later when I found out what had I thought was my mom was actually a strange woman who had kidnapped me at 2 years old.

For 3 weeks straight I sat in a corner, never speaking. Barely eating. Barely breathing.

{ flashback ends }

I managed to snap out of it as I pulled into a parking lot.

I fixed my hair and fixed my hoodie and jeans. I slammed the door and headed toward the food market. I really didn't feel like cooking so I decided to just grab a bucket of chicken. Not that I would get any of it. It's not like he'd be kind enough to offer me any.

I decided to buy a box of cereal for me because its the only thing I could imagine me eating anyway. I never ate much.

I cursed under my breath when I dropped a couple of boxes off the shelf.

"Oh here let me help you love," I heard a deep British accent say.

Weird. Never heard that in Oklahoma.

But somehow, all the thoughts swimming in my mind were suddenly gone when my eyes met his.

He was more attractive than any guy I'd ever seen. He had curly hair that could only fit his face. His eyes were emerald green and when he smiled at me, dimples popped out on his cheeks. I couldn't help but smile back. He helped me up and I started to feel very self conscious. Even though people told me I was pretty, I never believed them. I mean I never thought I was ugly but it didnt seem to matter anyway.

When no one has been there to love you and care for you you're whole life, you can only assume your worthless.

We picked up the boxes and put them on their shelf.

"Hi, Im Harry," he said shaking my hand.

"Savanah," I said with not a big a smile as him.

"I haven't seen you around here before?" he said.