chapter 17

High for This - The Weekend (Trypt Remix or Regular)

Don't - Ed Sheeran

Trumpets - Jason Derulo

Heaven - Bryan Adams

***

"I always thought my brain was fucked up... I guess I managed to forget about my past."

***

I answered the phone, setting down my book.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Is this Harry Styles? Son of Allan Styles?" A ladies voice asked.

"Yeah," I replied uninterested and a little irritated. I was at a good part.

"Your father has been in an accident. He is seems to be okay. Can someone drive you here?" she asked.

"I can walk," I replied.

I hung up and headed out the door, sad that I couldn't find out what happened to the children in the church fire and if Ponyboy saved them or not.

I sat, waiting patiently. I heard urgent voices and I strained to hear.

"Are those seriously the girls parents? This is so, so screwed up, Davis."

"I know, I know. If they ever even find the girl, she'll be broken," he sighed.

What?

I decided to stand up and find my dad. I hadn't seen him and I didn't really want to. But I guess I should see his condition.

I walked through the hallways, glancing up every now and then.

A doctor stood in front of a door.

"They're not going to make it. There's no way," he sighed and put his head down. I walked by and quickly looked into the room. A woman lied on a hospital bed, eyes closed and so pale.

She reminded me of my mom. Dark hair. A pretty face.

Something glinted off the sunlight shining onto her and I caught sight of a cross necklace.

I finally found my fathers room and he seemed to be in fine condition. Nothing was attached to him. Nothing broken.

"Harry what are you doing here," he groaned.

"Oh I don't know. Thought I might just come check on my dad who was just in a car wreck," I mumbled. "What happened anyway?" I asked.

"Nothing, nothing," he waved it off.

I rolled my eyes and went and sat outside the door. I put my head against the wall and closed my eyes.

"Yes he was drunk. Completely intoxicated."

My eyes shot open.

"My God. That couple is going to die just for a few drinks? Thats damn twisted."

Shock and anger took place inside me.

He deserved it.

Not them.

My mind adjusted back to reality. The memory of that uneventful day for me sliced through my mind like a knife.

If they ever find the girl, she'll be broken.

Tears swelled in the corner of my eyes. Fear and frustration and anything else you could muster arose in my chest.

"You," I said, sobbing softly.

I didn't cry alot.

Hell I don't cry.

But when I pictured the sadness and tears on her face it-it broke me.

She could've been with her parents. She would've never ended up with Chad.

"You," I said again staring right at the man who had ruined most of my life.

His eyes were silently pleading for me to stop but I couldn't.

"You did this," I breathed heavily.

"Harry?" Savannah asked.

I looked down. My hands were slightly shaking.

"Harry whats wrong?" she asked, getting more frightened by the second.

"Harry, please," my dad begged and I shook my head.

"It should've been you. It should've been you," I said and ran out the front door and onto the porch with the rain lashing at my face.

***

(Sorry again, really short. School is literally overwhelming and I'm trying to update. Make my day and vote? (: .)