chapter 14

For the next few days, I tried really hard to get Harry to accept one of his dad's invites. He just seemed a little nervous about the whole thing and I couldn't blame him.

One Sunday afternoon, I was out on the park bench, writing in my journal. I was trying so hard to find some ideas, anything really. I always would have so many good ideas for books and I just hadnt had any lately. I lived off the thrill of writing and expanding my brain into further depths, pulling ideas and scenarios out of nowhere.

But they weren't coming. I sighed. Suddenly, my phone started buzzing and I read the called ID. Harry. Last time we talked, he was going to the gym. I picked it up.

Abruptly, I heard crashing in the back ground and my pulse quickened.

"Harry what's wrong?" I asked.

"Savannah, it-its me. Liam," a voice came through.

"Liam?? What is happening?" I asked frantically.

Another crash.

"Harry- he uhm came over today, telling us he wanted to surpise you by bringing you here. But my parents weren't here. I told him that they were out looking at wedding decoration... I had completely forgotten.." he trailed off.

"Wait what?" I asked completely confused.

"My parents. Harrys dad. My mom. Theyre- they're getting married," he said and I gasped.

The pain Harry had to be feeling right now was evident. Not only the fact that they are getting married, but they also havent told him. He had loved his mother. His dad had too. He had loved her so much, it almost took him. And now he was getting married 10 years later..

But what the hell was the crashing?

"What is he doing?" I asked.

"Well he kind of got drunk. And he just erupted into a rage and he started breaking stuff. I tried to stop him but I just-" he stopped.

"What's the address?" I asked headed toward my car.

***

I pulled into a rather large house and jumped out of the car. I knocked on the door and Liam answered.

I immediately walked in, not even bothering to say hi. Rude, yes. But somewhere in my mind, Harry was most important to me at that point.

"Harry," I yelled and then came into view of the wreckage. I stopped.

Suddenly, I saw him. He was in a rage. But I knew him too well. Behind this mask of anger, I saw in his emerald eyes pain and complete defeat.

My heart was immediately filled with sadness and pain for the man I loved.

Is this how he felt the day he came to the apartment and I was shitfaced and I smashed the bottle to the wall?

I swallowed back tears.

"Harry," I said weakly.

He looked at me and his eyes glazed over.

I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around his waist. I felt his rapid heartbeat against my ear. Gradually he wrapped his arms around me and put his head on my shoulder.

"Im sorry," I whispered.

"You didn't do anything," he said back, gently running his fingers through my hair.

"I know," I sighed.

"Its gonna be okay," I said and Harry tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Really?" he asked, sounding like he was 10 years old again.

"Its what you always told me," I smiled. "Everything seems to be okay. I have you." I said and looked up to see him smiling.

But he seemed to remember why he was here, and his eyes morphed back into sadness.

"How could he. How could he love another woman. He was her damn husband for God's sake. And here he is, completely moved on and getting married," his voice cracked at that last word. I lifted my finger up and tucked his curly hair behind his ear. We seemed to do it alot.

"I dont know Harry," I said, chewing on my lip. "But I do know your mom would want this. She would want your father to move on. To not spend his life, wasting away his days. She would want the same from you Harry," I sighed.

"No. No, you didn't know her like I did," he cried putting his face in his hands.

"Harry imagine for a minute, you died. Wouldn't you want me to move on with my life, even if it would be the hardest thing I'd ever have to do?" I asked.

He didn't answer.

"I dont know. I wouldn't ever want to see you happy with another guy. I thought when you love someone, you don't ever love another," he said.

Tears pricked in the corner of my eye. He looked up at me.

Harry laughed slightly, but clearly at his own pain. "Maybe I was wrong. Maybe I'm the broken one."

***

SORRY REALLY SHORT AGAIN BUT OKAY THANKS GUYS ILY IF I GET 1K READS WITH THIS CHAPTER I'LL CRY. BUT ANYWAY PRETTY PLEASE ADD THAT OTHER BOOK TO YOUR LIBRARY ; "END UP HERE" ; IT WOULD MEAN A TON. BUT VOTE AND COMMENT AND STAY RAD LY ♡ aha even tho most harry books have like 484373729293K jk its cool its cool