January 9, 1996

Dear Batman,

How bad was it for you to train? I mean bad as in hard.

I guess I'm just wondering about all of the work you had to put in because today was the first day I met with the wizard.

Man, he doesn't look that good. He looks old and he says he's supposed to leave soon. I thought he meant die because that's what usually happens, but he says he ascends to some weird place. That doesn't really matter right now though.

As I was saying, today I met with the wizard afterschool. I told Uncle I had a club, but really I just walked to the alley where I saw him the first time. Apparently, it you walk far enough into the shadows the old man has a whole secret ninja place!

It was pretty cool. It had couches and weights and a huge T.V. on one of the walls. I think the T.V. wasn't really a T.V. though. It was something like a computer. His place looked really similar to the all the comics that some of the companies make about the League.

But that's as far as cool went.

Because you know what the wizard did? He made me do like a bajillion push ups! He made me run and do curl ups and all this really gross exercise that made me sweat! Apparently it's supposed to get me in shape and build my stamina and will power for when I fight real villains.

I don't understand that though! I have enough muscle with superpowers that I shouldn't need to do all of this training!

I complained to Wiz, but he said, and I quote, "Suck it up and be a man!"

And then I something about how that only further portrays the media's stereotype of us guys.

And then he sighed and staring yelling at me some more like he was some kind of angry wrestler.

Finally, after what seemed like years, he stopped the training and gave me some water. He explained that I needed to be in shape because the powers where connected to my normal form. Yes, I may have super strength, but I'll get tired and be weaker sooner because I'm human underneath it all.

That was a downer.

I thought I was supposed to be god or something...

So Batman, I have a lot of respect for you and your muscles. It must have been hard to get them.

-Billy