chapter six

"Of course he did!"

Laughs begin to fulfill the garden, and the tea cup in my hand begins to shake. I never thought of Laurance being such a silly child, and I never knew of when he would sit in a meadow full of flowers and place then in his hair calling himself "pretty".

My gazes lingers to Alex's left hand, and she's lifting up the tea cup to her lips. She raises an eyebrow, and then slowly brings the cup back down to the small plate.

"Where's your engagement ring?" I ask her, and she only sighs.

"I haven't worn it for so long I must of forgotten about it today," she confesses. "Would you like you see where I hid it before I left?"

I nod my head, and soon enough we are walking towards the place I apper to spend most of my time at, the closest.

She walks over to some hats, and picks the one from the far back up. I've never seen that hat before, but it must've been hiding that well. She begins to mess with the ribbon, and suddenly a ring falls into the palm of her hand. She gives it to me to look at, and I compare her ring and my own together, and I noticed that the rings have some similarities, but not many.

I give it back to her, and watch as she begins to hide the ring once again in the hat.

"What are you doing?" I comment. "Don't hide the ring, wear it instead. He is your fiancé after all."

She sighs and soon gives up on hiding the ring. She slides it onto her finger, and stares down at it sadly.

"Why can't you marry him?" Alex cries out. I watch as the hat is thrown back to where it was before, and she begins to roam around her room. "I don't love him. You're engaged to him now, and you're apart of the family! It's not hard to see you have feelings for him. Besides. . . I fell in love with someone I shouldn't have, and I couldn't bear to marry someone else."

"Was it Vylad?" I ask, and she hesitantly nods her head. "He's not a prince anymore, and he was reported dead in O'Khasis. I have the paper to prove it, but they never looked for him."

"Why wouldn't he be prince anymore? Because he ran away? He came back with me, and I can tell you that he isn't dead." After finding the paper, I give it to her. She begins to cry. "I never liked King G-Garte anyways! How cruel. . ."

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"Good afternoon m'lady," Laurance cooes into him ear. I feel as he lets his fingers runs across the small of my back. A small gasps leaks from my lips, but I only shake my head and continue walking forward. He does the same after I failed to meet the expectation he set for me. "What's the matter?"

"You have a fiancée," I remind him. I fell his hand wrap around my wrist, and suddenly I'm stopped. He turns around to face him, and my chest is against his. I look up at him grimacing, and he only smirks as his hot breath fans upon my face. "Let me go."

"Quit ignoring me," he orders. His voice is cold, and his eyes are harsh. I can't help but flinch at the new side of Laurance, but I can't help than imaging him as Hayden when I was caught that day. His eyes softens once he sees me fearful expression, and his grips loosens on me.

I take his chance and begin to run away from him. After ruffling up my skirt into my arms, I begin to sprint far away.

I pass by a door, and I can hear yelling.

"This is rediculous! I ran away, but I'm still a princess who doesn't know who she marries, but he was disowned by a cruel ruler who I want nothing to do with when I gain power!"

I hear the sound of a slap, and sudden cries.

"Y/N!"

I turn around to see Laurance chasing after me, and I take off my shoe and throw it at him.

"Leave me alone!"

As I run forward the door behind me open, and I spot Taryn walking into the resting chambers with a fresh set of clean dresses. I push the door open shortly after it closes, and I nearly fall on my face in the process of doing so.

"Y/N, what are you doing here? Your room has been changed now. Did you forget-What happened?"

I collapse onto the bed panting just as heavy as the tears running down my face.

"I can't do this anymore," I yell between sobs. "I fell in love with two people, and I just can't keep up this facade!"

The large double doors open behind me, but I ignore them as I continue to cry into the fresh clean sheets.

"What facade?"

"Y/N, why did you run away from me?"

"Don't you dare think I'm finished with you young lady."

Why does my life hate me so?