epilogue

"Fight me!"

I roll my eyes as my best friend screams at her brother.

Welcome to the year 2018 were fidget spinners and The Floss are basically banned from any school known to demand, and the Bernie Lean is almost close to being banned.

Laurance laughs as he slings his arm over my shoulder. He pulls out his phone to notice that Hayden texted him.

"Alex, dad's on another business trip!" Laurance yells over his shoulder.

I grimace at the fact that he just yelled into my ear, and I scrunch my nose up.

"Must you be so loud?" I complain.

He chuckles, "Sorry."

Zane mumbles something as he starts to walk faster away from us. Garroth calls for him, and he even chases after him. Zane begins to yell at Garroth, but Garroth never gets the hint.

Laurance laughs, and Alex skips forward to us as Vylad holds her hand.

"It's the last day of school," she says. "And I was thinking that we could all hang out and have a bonfire tonight. School and exams has stressed us out majorly, and I think it's about time we just unwine. What do you guys think?"

We agree, and Vylad stares at her. "I assume my house again?" He says as he lifts an eyebrow at her. She fixes his jacket and nods her head smiling. "Okay, I'll tell my parents. And my brothers IF THEY EVER COME BACK!"

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

The fire crackles in front of me, and I jump slightly as a spark shoots out at me. I hear some laughter, and I begin to pout.

Garroth squeals when a song he likes comes on over Alex's phone, and I begin to groan and complain when I figure out what song it is.

"-Gucci gang, Gucci gang, Gucci gan, Gucci gang-"

"Garroth shut up!" I yell. I turn to Alex who is already on her phone. "Turn that song off."

"Already on it!" The changes, and soon enough I hear different lyrics to a song. Garroth begins to pout, and I laugh at how childish he looks.

"-Be your number one. I can fake a smile. I can force a laugh. I can dance and play the-"

"Yo!" Zianna runs into the backyard with a TV remote in the hand. She ushers us inside, and I wrap my blanket around my body tighter, and Laurance pops another marshmallow into his mouth. Taryn carries the bag with her, and I slap Laurance's arm when he reaches to steal them from her.

We're forced to sit in front of the TV, and I sit next to Laurance on the couch. He pulls me closer into his chest, and I smile at him. It's probably fifty degrees out, and I'm a little chilly. I regret wearing a pair of shorts here.

Zianna presses play on the remote, and sound from the TV's speakers is heard.

"The Zvahl palace looks amazing like it did many years ago when King Hayden had called in for an orphan girl, famously known as Queen or Princess Y/N, to take the place of his daughter's arranged marriage."

The TV is paused again, and a picture of a girl that looks like me appears on the TV. I look to see everybody's eyes on me, and I then look up at Zianna demanding answers.

"What the heck was that?"

She giggles, "Oh sweety. Have your parents not told you of your past yet?"

"My past?"

"Yes gurl, your past!" She smiles as she looks at all of us. "You all are royal!" Zianna runs off, and soon enough, she brings a decent sized box out and places it in the middle of the floor. She opens it, and we soon enough inch closer to the box. Zianna takes some things out, and she stands up. "In that box contains information about your past. Have fun!"

Any plans we had for this evening disappeared quickly once this box was places in front of us. Taryn pushes play on the TV, and the news person continues.

"It has been said that this room has been of great importance. It was the place of meeting between the Princesses Alexandra and Y/N."

A picture of a girl that looks like Alex is shown on the screen, and I can't help but shiver at the resemblance they share.

"This is creppy," Alex mutters, and she soon goes back to rummaging through the box.

Looking at the room, a weird feeling comes over me. It feels lime this room was important, and that there's more to this story than the people on the news want us to believe.

"This was during the day of Princess Cadenza's wedding, and this came to a shock to everybody. This was until Prince Laurance had informed to Princess Y/N information leaked from his father that she could stay as long as Princess Alexandra wouldn't find out about the lie of Princess Y/N's title of 'long lost sister.' Pricness Alexandra, however, had already caught on and announced this while the princesses were coming back to Meteli after a visit to O'Khasis."

"Most of these papers talked about them while they were still princesses and princes. Then the rest are after the marriages," Vylad says.

Taryn picks up two torn up looking books. She flips through them, "They're diaries, and they each contain of a different story. One's about Alex's run away, and the other one... it's Y/n writting everything that happened after Hayden called for her to be a princess."

"Let me see those," I say, and Taryn thorws the books to me. I open them up and look at the two different handwritings.

"Looks like tonights going to be a sleepover," Laurance says. "We're finding out everything we can try to about this. It may be creepy, but it's our past."

I nod my head as my hand touches something. I pull out a pearl necklace, and my breath hitches. It appears that everything in this box was purposely packed, and it shows that more than one person did it too.

Zianna comes back out with a bigger box, and she opens it up to find clothing.

"These are the real things," she says. "There's quiet a few thing that were packet away separately, and generations of our families have found them, and even brought them down. I just have the most because I showed the most interest in our past. If you look at the clothes, and even thenm on, you'll know who they belonged to. You'll so much, and you'll feel as though you are those people."

Zianna was right. By trying one dress, I felt as though I was the true Princess Y/N, and I saw everything in a wholw new light.

That night was full of the past. They say you can't repeat the past, and maybe that's a good thing. But, that doesn't mean it can't mean something to you.