chapter nine

I instantly ran into the current room I'm staying in. I look into a mirror, and all I can I see is something fake.

A fake title, fake backstory, everything. Nothing is true anymore, and I'm a liar.

And I wish there was something I could do about it.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

I begin to roam around the palace halls, lost may I add, for Alex. The carriage will be here in a few minutes, and she wasn't in her room.

I've knocked on about five doors, and the last one was Zane's. He told me the directions to his room and concluded it with a "get lost". It's quite rude may I add, but it's something. I think he's warming up to me.

I finally arrive to Vylad's room, and I knock on the doors. After the second round of knocking, I give up and walk inside.

I see as Alex's parasol is hanging loosely from her hand, and Vylad holds her close to her chest. They pull away, and then they turn towards me.

"Y/N!" Alex gasps.

"The carriage is here," I simply say.

"Okay, thank you for telling me," she says. Alex turns to Vylad. "I'll see you Friday."

Today is Wednesday, and Friday is the grande ball celebrating Alex coming back.

"I'll come with you guys. We'll be sending you off, and . . .Garte will escort you into the carriage."

The three of us begin to walk through the long halls to the main entrance. Alex and Vylad lead in the front, and I stumble behind them. I still don't know my way around. Once we're outside, I look and see Zianna elegantly stands with her parasol as she warmly smiles at us. Vylad vows at the two of us, and he then walks back to stand with his brothers.

Alex walks into the carriage first, and then Garte helps me in after her.

"I hope you enjoy being with your family Y/N. I'll see you Friday."

I sit across from Alex and stare at my feet.

"I've kissed Vylad once before than the kiss you just saw," Alex says, starting up a conversation. "I ran away for those all those months because I couldn't handle the royal life anymore. Later, Vylad learned of my disappearance, and he ran away as well."

I smile timidly, "That's sounds romantic."

"Y/N, I'm not as dumb as people think I am, and you aren't either," she says. "Society wants women to beautiful, obedient, childish, weak, calm, and unintelligent. I've known that you aren't really my lost sister. I've caught on, and I've known for quite a while now. I haven't said anything because I don't want you to have to go back into that village. I've seen how it is, and it's horrid. When I have and if I have rule, I want to change that."

She knew all this time, but didn't say anything. I will never understand her, nor will I ever understand royalty.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

When we finally get back, Laurance instantly helps me from the carriage and begins to run towards the garden. I bearly am able to put up my parasol, and it almost makes me forget that I'm avoiding at him.

Almost.

"Let me go! You have to stay away from me Laurance!" I protest.

"I have information about marriage, but we have to be in the center of the garden in order for me to tell you."

I sigh, "Alright."

Once we're in the middle of the garden, I sit on the bench opening my parasol. I look to the side of me to the beautifully arranged flowers.

"I can't do my arranged marriage anymore."

I roll my eyes, "And to think thag the marraige information would be of use to me."

"I love you."

I freeze. Love? Surely he means a sibling type of love. If this gets out it will ruin the reputations of both Meteli and Brightport. But it would mainly harm Meteli. Not to mention it would be considered incest.

"Laurance," I say, standing up slowly. "You can't love me."

I then run away.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Nobody, not even Laurance, has come to my room since I ran from Laurance today. I still love him, but I also love Leo. I still can't believe it. Laurance loves me.

A sudden knock on my door is heard, and in comes a servant.

"Princess Y/N, King Hayden wishes for your presence in the throne room."

I nod my head, "Thank you."

I walk down the hallways until I make it to the throne room. Hayden sits in his throne like a strong and powerful leader as Alex stands in front if him.

"It has finally been decided on who will marry Prince Leonardo."