chapter ten

I walk down the hallways until I make it to the throne room. Hayden sits in his throne like a strong and powerful leader as Alex stands in front if him.

"It has finally been decided on who will marry Prince Leonardo."

I gulp as I walk to the other side of him. He stands up from his throne, but doesn't walk away from it.

"Who is that father?" I ask, and Alex glances in my direction, but she only moves her head slightly. I swear before she moved her head back she winked at me.

"Yes father, please do tell."

Hayden looks proud as he cintinues to talk, "You see, I've talked long and hard with the King of Scaleswind, and Prince Leonardo will be informed of which one of you he will be marrying soon. She shall be continuing with his original marriage as Alex."

My heart breaks a little. Okay, a lot. Both the guys I love cannot love me back.

Alex looks at him shocked, "Surely this is a mistake! Father, he must marry Y/N."

Hayden cocks an eyebrow. Even I'm interested on what she has next to say.

"And why is that?" Hayden asks.

"Because I fell in love with somevody else," she cuts him off before he can continue. "No, don't talk. He's a prince, and I don't even love Prince Leonardo! Y/N does."

"You will be marrying Prince Leonardo. I don't give a damn abot live. Half of the royal marriages around are not based on love. Besdies, he loves you."

"Vylad loves me back!" Alex shouts. "And I can become Dutchess of O'Khasis."

"I didn't raise you to become a dutchess. I raised you to become a queen, and a queen you shall be."

She looks between me and Hayden. "Y/N can be Queen of Scaleswind because I'm pregnant with Vylad's child!"

Oh my goodness.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

It was decided that I would marry Leo, and hopefully Alex would marry Vylad. The announcement would be set on Friday at the ball. Except the child will be kept a secret.

Even if I said I would avoid Laurance, I still somehow managed to stumble into him, and now we're talking together in his room.

"So now the marraige dates have been set an entire year earlier," I explain.

"How early?"

"Next month."

His mouth drops rambling on and on again how I can't get get married to Leo, and that his wedding would only be a few months later.

"You have to stay with me," he says. "I love you."

"Your fiancée-"

I'm cut off by Laurance screaming an angered noise. "I can tell you love me back, but why won't you just admit it?!"

He walks over to me, and he slams his lips against mine as I'm pressed down against his bed.

I push hin away as tears threaten to spill.

"I do love you. . . I do. . . But I also love Leo, and I am set in an arranged marraige with him."

"Why can't you just skip the arranged marriage."

I stand up and yell, "Because I'd be sent back to the village!"

I storm out, and Laurance doesn't follow me out. I'm glad he doesn't, and I instantly begin to run towsrds my room. Taryn stops me in the hallway, and tears are streaming down my cheeks.

"What's the matter?" She asks, bringing me into a hug.

"I can't do this anymore," I pull away. "Do you know what it's like to be in love with someone you shouldn't even though you know that you'd only watch them marry someone else?"

She offers me a sad smile, "Actually, I do. Why don't we talk in your room?"

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Friday has come, and I slip my engagement ring over my white glove. I don't dare to look at it, and instead place it on rushed without a second glance.

The servant behind me begins to place a tiara on my head.

"This will be so exciting," she says. "You're wedding will be announced, and you look absolutely gorgeous!"

I stand from my chair and look down at my dress. The light pink silk is decorated with pink bows and white lace, and the dress itself falls off my shoulders.

"Oh, you will simply make Prince Leonardo fall even more head over heels in love with you!"

That is, if he loves me now.

I begin to walk out of the room and Laurance stops me from leaning against the wall next to my door.

"Ah, you look dashing tonight," he says and kisses my hand.

I begin to walk forward ignoring his comment.

"I told you that you must stay away from me, so why must you make it harder by ignoring my wishes?" I ask.

"Because I love you too much to do so."