chapter four

I share a blank stare with Taryn. The stare is soon shifted towards the door where the knocking continues.

"What do we do?" Taryn asks.

"Go answer it! You're the lady in waiting," Taryn glares at me. Taryn begins to walk towards the door, and I begin to make a run for it towards my closest.

I successfully make it in my closest, but sadly things begin to fall on top of me.

Frantic footsteps start for my direction, and Taryn tries to play it off as rats.

"Princess Y/N," The voice says, and I look up from my pile of dresses. "I never would have thought of meeting you like this."

"Prince Garroth, the same here."

I'm helped from the pile onto my feet, and Garroth playfully glares at Taryn.

"Nice mice in the palace," he turns to me. "Laurance told me that you wanted to know about Vylad?"

Oh my goodness. . .

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"I present to you, Princess Y/N of Meteli."

I smile as I slowly walk down the stairs waving. My free hand lifts up my dress slightly so I don't fall. Leo awaits for me at the bottom of the stairs, and I can't help but smile bigger at how professional he looks.

I reach the bottom of the stairs and loop my gloved hand with his arm. He smiles softly at me, and soon I'm wisked off to the center of the ballroom floor.

Music begins to play, and soon enough a waltz takes place. I mentally thank Laurance for teaching me how to waltz, and I a realize that having to stand on his feet had a reason behind it.

"You dance with such grace," Leo's voice comes out as a murmur to an outsider looking in, but to me, it felt as if we were the only two people talking.

"I'm only following your lead," I reply. "But I will take your compliment, so thank you."

"I would like to ask of you a question, but I'm afraid that you will turn me down," he admits. I reassure him that we wouldn't know until he asks, and looks up at me with big blue eyes. "May I join you, as your date, to Cadenza's upcoming wedding?"

"Of course," I comment. "I wouldn't have it be any other way. I was hoping you would ask me any how."

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Many weeks pass, and I'm learning quickly of how to be a proper princess.

Leo takes me out often, despite Hayden's wishes of him not to, and I can't help but say I've grown some kind of emotions for him. He's charming and a gentleman. However, there's one problem, Laurance.

Laurance is the reason I have fun when we're stuck in the palace, which is often. He sneaks me out, and even Cadenza doesn't know about it. He flirts endlessly, but he's completely honest with me. We take risks together, and he always tells me if we get caught that he'd take the blame.

I think it's safe to say that Alex isn't going to be back anytime soon, so these feelings I have for both boys is possibly okay.

A knocking on my door is heard, and I open it to see a servant holding a paper.

"Princess, I apologize for this but," he unfolds the paper and begins to read off of it. "Prince Leonardo will not be able to make it for tea soon. I have been told of his sister being sick."

Worry begins take over me.

"She will be well before Cadenza's wedding, correct? The wedding is tomorrow!"

"Princess," he sighs. "I assure you Prince Leonardo will make it no matter what for the wedding, but I cannot promise you of the appearance of Princes Nicole."

"Of course," I smile meakly at the servant. "Thank you for the information. You may leave."

Shortly after Cadenza slips into my room.

"What's the problem?" Her british accent is soft and calm, and somehow it manages to relieve me of any sadness.

"Nothing much," I reply. "Leo won't make it for tea today. However, Princess Nicole most likely will not be able to make it to your wedding tomorrow. It appears she has come down with a sickness."

"That's a shame," Cadenza pouts. "It appears that Garroth will have to find a new date, but thank you for the information."

She soon strides out of my room only to bombarded by her servants. She tries to usher them off, but they only stay to finish up last minute wedding plans.

Cadenza has told me before bow she just wants peace and quiet before her wedding date, but it appears that he wish will not be happening anytime soon.

After a royal wedding has past, the new royally wedded couple must soon give birth to a boy so they can pass the kingdom down to them.

Taryn walks into my room, and a beautiful dress is folded in her hands.

"Hello Y/N," she greets. "I have your dress for tomorrow." I stop her from continuing to walk towards my closest. "Y/N, I can promise you it fits. Now will you please let me hang it up?"

"No, not that," I shake my head. "Tomorrow, Garroth will need a date. Nicole has come down with a sickness. . . now's your chance."

"Oh my goodness, what will I do with you?"

"Not taking me back to orphanage would be nice."