chapter fifteen

Nine months pass, and Alex and Vylad's child is born. A girl, Paris Rose Ro'meave, to be exact.

As of myself, Laurance and my child shall be born any day now, and the excitement is overflowing throughout the palace.

Garroth and Taryn had run around and eloped against Garte's orders, and now Taryn is six months pregnant with their child.

Laurance and Vylad had their coronations for becoming kings some time back, and Zane refuses to marry a woman altogether. Zane isn't thriled about the fact that his younger brother has become king instead of him, and now he stays in his room for most hours of the day.

Going from the title Princess Y/N to Queen Y/N had has hard to adjust to, but I think I'm finally getting used to it.

As for Leo, he had gotten married to the Princess of Brightport.

Laurance wraps an arm around my waist, and his hand lays against my large stomach.

"You should be resting," he says. "That's what's best our child. Oh, while I remember. Soon after our child is born, there will be a family portrait."

"How exciting!" I gush. "We haven't had a family portrait for almost a year now."

The baby kicks, and I squeak as I place my hand onto my stomach bending forward slightly. Within that time, I knew that my water broke.

"Laurance," my words come out shaky. "It's time."

Suddenly I am rushed to my bed, and Laurance runs around finding whoever is needed for the birth.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"They'll be here any minute now," Laurance begins to pace back and forth in the throne room. I hold our son, Prince Markus, close my chest, and Laurance glances in my direction. "Shouldn't you be resting? You gave birth-"

"Laurance, calm down. You're acting like Vylad when Paris was born."

I look over to see Alex and Vylad standing in the throne room entryway, and Cadenza appears behind them.

"Laurance, it was very boring when Phillip forced me to lay in bed for an entire month after Jerome was born. Please, calm down," Cadenza comments.

"Why are you all standing there? Come and give me a hug!"

I suppose after becoming a father, king, and marriage, Laurance has learned how to act more maturely toward his siblings. He doesn't see them everyday like he did before, and I suppose he has taken this to mind.

"Ugh, Laurance!" Alex complains, and I look up to see Laurance messing with her hair. "Quit being such a child!"

I was wrong, and Laurance will never lose the immature side of him.

Vylad walks over by me, and he gives me a small side hug. I give him Markus, and he smiles at the tiny human being.

"He's precious, and I'm sure he'll grow up to be an amazing king. Even if the generation before him was chaos."

Alex walks over to me. "Does he look anything like Laurance?" She asks as she messes with his blanket to see Markus. "Oh, you poor thing. Your mother is gorgeous, and you somewhat look like your hideous father."

Laurance rolls his eyes and claps his hands together when he begins to talk, "So, Cadenza and Alex, where are your children? And Cadenza, where's Phillip?"

Cadenza laughs, "Phillip took Jerome to our room. And as of Paris, Taryn look her to Alex and Vylad's room."

Alex looka up and smiles, "Taryn's here? Why, I haven't seen her in so long. I must say hello!"

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Years pass, and Markus has become the age of ten. He now has a little sister only three years younger than himself. Elizabeth and Markus are out in the village with with Laurance as I wander aimlessly through the same halls that seemed so confusing many years ago.

Every where I turn, memories somehow manage to find their way to me. Either it is a memory of when I had thrown at shoes at Laurance to leave me alone, or even the time he told me he loved me in the garden, a new memory always seems to find its way to me.

Except, there's one room that seems to hold the most memories. I have always thought that it would be the hallways, or even the garden, but I have been proven wrong each time I step into Elizabeth's room.

Elizabeth's room was Alex's old room, and at one point mine. Walking into her room brings an atmosphere of an unexplainable feelings to wave against my face like a cool breeze.

In fact, some how I have managed to wander I told her room, and look over to her bed. That's when an old scene plays before me, and I once again see a seventeen, newly royal, Y/N walking out of her closet confused as of who could be sitting on the bed before her.

Once I come out though, there's a figure sitting on my bed. They stare down at their hands, and I can't recognize who it is at the current moment, but I may know them, it at leadt seen them, from the past.

"Who are you?"

The figure looks up and says, "Princess Alexandra Zvahl of Meteli."

It's hard to believe thaf this was only around ten years ago, and how we all were so young and innocent. We new notbing of what would happen in the future, and frankly, we were too blind. We were too young to realize what was happening, but that changed.

As time progresses, and we believe that our children are ready to hear our story, we'll tell them. They'll hear of what we had to go through, and even the facades we were placed in to fool people. But in the end, it all works out because life has a funny way of doing things like that.

The truth comes out, and there's no stopping it. But sometimes, that's for the best.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.