Chapter 6: Special Occasions

*Mikey POV*

After I confessed about my YouTube channel, we watched more of my videos, and I shared a few other channel's with her. Annnddd we also shared a few kisses. She stayed until about 4 P.M., but left to go back to her house. I decided to not bother her for the rest of the day because she was probably stalking other people's videos.

I started to edit together my fan video, and got about half way with squeezing the clips together when I got a new email:

"To: Mikey Murphy
From: justanotherfan@gmail.com (Not a real email)
Subject: Could you put my clip in the video?"

The thumbnail of the video was blank, but I played the clip, and it was a rad light-art clip, of two people holding hands while walking through woods. I placed it in the center of the video, and continued on editing.

I recieved another email, from the same email. The thumbnail was just a mop of hair infront of the mystery girl's face. I played the video, and what followed surprised me: It was a girl, looking at her lap, smiling, but she shy-ly took a glance up at the camera. She looked familiar... anyways, the girl continued to smile, and look at the camera. She picked up her hands and covered the lens.

I played back the last part of the video, but made it slow-motion. Her hands said, "I think I like you". I replayed the video, infatuated with the girl. She sort of looked like Cara. It, it was Cara! I swear that girl's mysterious manner kills me.

--------------------------Next day-------------------------

*Cara POV*

"Maa! These cookies are done. My hands are covered in batter, so take them out!" I yelled.

I swear, we procrastinate July 4th party baking until the last minute. I stirred my cupcake batter for the last time and started to scoop them into the paper cups.

"Okay! Okay. How're the cupcakes?" she asked, sauntering into the kitchen.

"They taste perfect! And the ribs?" I returned.

"Oh, whoops!" she clicked on her oven roaster, which was sitting on the oven. "They're cooking!"

I laughed and finished scooping the first tray of cupcakes. I placed them in the oven and set the timer. I washed my hands, and looked at my phone. It was only 10 A.M.? Okay, on schedule for once. I went to my room, and searched through my clothes for something to wear for the party, which we held every year. I laid my clothes on the bed (http://www.polyvore.com/chapter_special_occasions/set?id=127445392), and went back to the kitchen.

After all the baking (A batch of chocolate chip, and Hershey Kiss cookies, red, white and blue cupcakes, and there was an ice-cream pie in the freezer) was done, I cleaned the debris out of the pool, for the swimmers. With a final moment to relax, I plopped in the lounger next to the pool. I texted Derrick and Mikey to make sure they were both coming to the party.

When one o'clock rolled around, I helped put out chairs and tables, and American flag paper table covers with my father. I retreated from the sunlight to my room, and took a shower. I let my hair dry, while i did my makeup. I did a thicker waterproof, black liquid liner, on top with a little wing, and a little bit on the bottom. I curled my lashes, and applied a black, waterproof mascara to top and bottom. I added some waterproof highlighter to the corner of my eye. I used a red lip stain too. When my hair was dry, I tried to curl it. For the life of me, I couldn't get it to curl. So I, like a common white girl, made it into a messy bun. I took a tip from YouTube and tied an American flag bandanna around my head. I threw on my clothes, and helped set out the dessert and drinks. People started to come at 3:00 P.M., most of them bringing a dish and some fireworks.