Chapter 3: Rendezvous

*Mikey POV*

She giggled and leaned across the center console. Luke, man was I glad you reminded me to be minty fresh. I closed my eyes, but the lip-impact never happened. She merely fixed my collar.

"Patient, young grasshopper. I was just fixing your popped collar, you little gangster," she articulated the last part of 'gangster' so that it sounded posh and British.

I started the engine, and started to a little diner, which was called 'Island Cow'.

She turned on the radio, and Nikki Manaj came on. She started lip-syncing, "Let's go to the beach-each, let's go get away."

I came in, making sure to be off tune, "They-ey, what they gon' say!?"

That earned a laugh from her. We rocked out to Nikki Manaj all the way to the little diner, which was only 10 minutes away.

We arrived at the restaurant and I opened her door, and the diner door.

*Cara's POV*

He's being such a gentleman! That was odd, because he's never done this for any girl before... I dismissed that thought and continued to the hostess podium. He asked for an outside table for two. The male host guided us to our table, and gave us two menus.

"Have a nice date," he tiredly grumbled and walked away.

I blushed, and looked at my menu. There were a ton of options, but I didn't want to look like a pig on our first... Date? Lunch? Outing? Outing. I think I'll take a sala-

"Good afternoon. Welcome to the Island Cow. What would you two like to drink?" a kind older lady in a fake grass skirt asked.

"I'll take water, please," Mikey replied.

"Make that two!" I smiled.

"Can I start you off with an appetizer? Maybe some crackers and relish?" she questioned.

Mikey and I looked at eachother, and turned out heads to the waitress.

He beat me to saying, "No thank you."

We smiled at one another and the waitress left to get our drinks.

"So, how about that pizza?" he looked at me, the light reflected off of his chocolate eyes.

I gaped my mouth to say something, but my voice wouldn't cooperate. I played it off by nodding my head.

"Pepperoni, or nahh?" he replied.

"*scoff* Or yahhh!" I proposed.

The waitress came back, and set down our party umbrella garnished drinks.

"Pepperoni pizza, right?" she smiled.

"Mmmhmm, and also-" he motioned for her to come closer, and whispered something in her ear.

She patted his shoulder and agreed to do what he requested. She glanced at me and smiled, returning to the kitchen.

"What wa-"

"Oh nothing.. You'll see!" He interrupted me.

We played question roulette, and ate our pizza. I ate less than I expected... Probably since I nervously downed 4 and a half glasses of water...

*Mikey's POV*

She wasn't eating a lot, so neither did I. I sure hoped I didn't make her feel awkward. Maybe, maybe I rushed it, yeah... I do that a ton.

"Here's your bill, I'll take it when you're ready," the waitress commented, while dropping a to-go bag at my feet.

We thanked her, and she left.

I opened the check, and was shocked to see that the woman chopped 50% of the bill off-- not literally, but she gave us a discount. She added a Post-it note, saying, "You know, your girlfriend really has someone special; buying her family dinner. Because of your kindness, I'll give you my employee discount. Save your money for an important purchase. Or rather, THE important purchase. ;)"

"What's wrong? Mikey, are you okay?" Cara pressed.

"Hmm? Oh, yeah. Just trying to add and make sure it was all correct," I lied.

I payed in cash, and added a generous tip, and added a "Thank you, ma'am" to the receipt; I also grabbed the to-go bag, and looped my free arm through hers.

"I'm going to the bathroom. I'll meet you in the front, okay?" she asked, snaking her arm out of mine.

"Okay." I replied, and continued to the front of the diner.

I popped in some of the gum in my pocket; Thanks again, Luke. Cara came around the corner and dragged me to the parking lot. I opened her door, and walked to my side. The engine purred, and I took us back to her brick home. The song on was "You and I" by One Direction. I let her sing it, not ruining her moment like I had previously.

I pulled into her driveway, and rushed to her side to open her door. I held her hand as she got out. I didn't drop it, but complimented, "You're singing is impeccable, and so is your style."

I leaned in a bit, wrapping my arms around her waist. She did the same to my neck. We both leaned in, and at the last moment, I moved my head to the right, and kissed just next to her lips.

"You missed!" she whispered, looking with pleading eyes.

"Patient, young grasshopper. The moment has to be perfect; you deserve nothing less," I kissed her on the other side, and she stole my beanie, plopping it on her head.

"Even cuter," I cooed, making her cheeks to darken.

I walked her to her door -- yes, I grabbed the to-go bag from the car-- and her father opened the door to greet us.

"Murphy. . ." he growled, and cooed, "Princess!" and kissed her head.

"Mr. Kegler, I brought you and your family dinner. My apology for today's accident."

"Island Cow? HAMBURGERS? Apology accepted. Thank you, Mikey. I'll see you at practice, tomorrow?" he interrogated.

"Yes, sir." I choked; he was as intimidating as Mr. T.

"Good. Dismissed," He turned, and moved from the door.

"Text me!" Cara whispered.

I gave her a look; I'd never received her number. Maybe she put it in my phone? She pointed to my car, and waved goodbye. And then, my beauty was hidden, behind a white front door. I turned, and retreated to my car, seeing her cursive on a gum wrapper.

"Thanks for the, um, date? I loved it. Talk to me soon! *enter number here*"

I silently thanked her, and drove to my house, and parked. I walked up to my room, and though it was only 5 P.M., I fell asleep on my bed, gum wrapper clutched tightly in my hand. I was never letting this, or her go. Ever.

Author's Note:

Whoop! Hooray for double updates! Sorry, because this chapter is supppppeer boring and uneventful. Next update will be... Tuesday? or if we get 10 votes it'll be sooner. Vote, add to library, and comment what you'd like to see happen!