Chapter 5: Confessions

*Mikey POV*

Oh God, oh god, oh god! What do I do? Punch him? Choke-hold? I would attack, but he's wayyy to big. Scream? Scream. I opened my mouth to scr-

"You make any noise, and I will not hesitate to break my sister's neck," the crazy bastard growled.

My God, they did look alike. Were they related? I saw light behind Cara, the door was opening. Derrick. I looked at him with wide eyes, and even in the dark I could see his eyes engulfed in the flames of fury. His body tensed, and I could see his muscles rippling, about to lunge onto this strange man. It wouldn't surprise if he would've attacked, in an attempt to save her.

*Cara POV*

"You make any noise, and I will not hesitate to break my sister's neck."

Stone. Stone Maverick Kegler. My brother came back?

That didn't matter. I hated him, for leaving me. I wrapped my legs around his, so that the tip of my tennis shoe was in the back of his knee.

"Stone!" my cry was muffled.

I kicked behind his knees, and he fell down, onto me. He furiously grabbed my neck, and squeezed. I coughed, losing my breath.

Derrick was trying to pry Stone from me, but Mikey had a better idea. He kicked Stone square in the jaw, which made him pass cold out. Derrick rolled him off of me, so I could breathe.

I scrambled to sit against the cement wall, running my hands through my hair. I looked at the overturned Stone, who's blonde hair was matted to his forehead with sweat. I was literally shaking.

"Are you okay? Monkey?" He questioned, placing a warm hand on my arm.

I nodded, and stood. The lack of blood-flow caused me to collapse into someone. Mikey, by the sound of his "Whoa"'s.

"Set her down in my office, get her a drink, and when she's recovered a little bring her back," Deri ordered.

Mikey put an arm around my upper-waist, and helped me to the other office. He sat me down on the "cushioned" table. I started to tear up, and Mikey busted into a raging speech, "No one has the right to touch you! Who the hell does he think he is!? What kind of fucked up brother does that to his sister? Breaks their neck?! I promise to never let anyone, EVER touch you like that. That was humanly degrading." But he continued, instead in rapid-fire questions, "Who was he? Are you okay? Do you want to go look at him? Did he do any major physical damage? Do you wan-" for the sake of my sanity I kissed him.

I put my hand on his bicep, and pulled me to stand, and he put his hand on my middle back, pushing me a little closer. I laughed into the kiss, he was being so modest. We broke apart, and I wiped under my eyes.

"See, that was perfect. Now, will you stop talking and come to see Derrick?" I asked, grabbing his hand.

He nodded, and squeezed my hand. We crossed into my office, where Derrick had his head in his hands, sitting on Stone. I opened the metal door, and Derrick stood.

"I am going to kill this son of a- *breathes deeply* I can't believe your brother would hurt you!" he commented, tracing the blood lines appearing on my shirt's fabric.

"I'm okay. I promise, and I should probably explain..." I trailed off, and sat on my desk. "That's my brother. Stone."

"The one that left?" Derrick inquired.

"Stone, yes. He must obviously be drunk, or high, or both. Although he always said he'd be back.... But he hasn't come back for 10 years! He had a violent past though. It started by defending me, but, obviously he's fallen into the deep end," I lifted my shirt, revealing a set of 4 scratches, which went from one side of my stomach, to the other.