Chapter 2: Preparations

*Mikey's POV*

     I flew into the kitchen, scared for my life, and hers. The rich beige tiles were oddly warm, but I felt a freezing cold breeze. I averted my attention to the hair consuming Cara's head, which was face-first on the floor.

    "Oh no, no, no no!" I groaned, approaching her cautiously.

     She raised her head and looked at me with her Nash Grier-like-eyes, through her hair.

     "I'm s-such a failure..." she sounded on the verge of crying.

     "No you aren't; why'd you say that?" I questioned, awkwardly moving the hair away from her face.

     "Because we literally have NO food. Unless you'd like some year-old relish," she sat up, grabbed the jar and shoved it at me.

     I scrunched my nose.

     "Um, no thanks. How about I take you to eat? You know, I kinda owe it to you," I rubbed the back of my neck nervously, and handed the jar back.

     "YES! *clears throat* I- I mean... Yes, I'd enjoy that. But I'd like t-"

     "Yeah, I need to change too. Um, I'll pick you up in 30?" I asked, secretly screaming because she said YES.

     "Yeah, that's fine. Casual?" she inquired.

     "Casual," I confirmed.

     She opened the door for me, allowing me to walk out. I darted and jumped the wooden fence, which was separating our properties. No one was home when I arrived, so I showered without the bathroom door closed. I still can't believe she said 'Yes!'

*Cara's POV*

     I slid down the door after I re-locked it.

     "He's just doing it out of pity. He probably won't even pick me up. He'll probably forget about me," the pessimist conscience inside me blurted.

     Regardless, I stood up, screaming and racing through my vacant house. In my bathroom, I washed my face, and applied translucent foundation (to show off my freckles). I put on very thin, black, liquid eyeliner, as well as black mascara. I curled my lashes, to make my eyes pop more, and applied dots of under-eye concealer.

     I brushed through my straight hair, and sprayed some dry-shampoo. I pulled back two sections from each side of my face, and made a tiny hair bow in the back. I used a curling wand to give the rest of my hair a little curl.

     I flung open the mirror-doors to my closet, and searched through my clothes.

     "Casual, casual, casual, " I repeated, whilst looking for something cute to wear.

     I settled for a royal blue, short-sleeved button down shirt with a faux collar, and some khaki shorts. I threw on navy laced Toms, and sprayed the smallest amount of perfume at the base of my neck. (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=127254771)

*Mikey's POV*

     I sighed, looking through all of my shirts.... I needed to look nice, but not look too nice. I pulled out an American Eagle button-down, short-sleeved shirt, which was plaid, but left the top two buttons unbuttoned. I knew just a peak of my toned chest would drive her crazy. I threw on black shorts, and black vans. I placed a cream beanie behind my fixed quiff. I had an extra 20 minutes, so I called my friend Luke for advice.

(A/N Bold is Mikey, Italics is Luke)

     "Hello? Mikey, what's up?"

     "Luke! I need help."

     "Oh God. Did you use your pick-up lines again?"

     "No-well yes. They actually got me somewhere, and that's what I'm calling about. I need help!"

     "We're talking about an actual girl right? Just refreshing your memory; Siri isn't technically considered a person. Sliding into her DM's won't get you anywhere."

     "Hah, funny. No seriously, I'm taking her on a date. Like, a real one! What do I do?"

     "Well, compliment her. Make sure to look at her face, her eyes. Ya naaassstay. Are you looking fresh? Smelling good? Please tell me you have mints."

     I got up and jogged to spray a dab of cologne and grabbed some mint gum, which i put in my pocket.

     "Yes!" I mumbled, dribbling toothpasty-saliva.

     "You're welcome. But, make sure to let her talk. Ask questions and stuff, and actually absorb that info. And write it down maybe, some important stuff. Girls loveeee that. *shouts away from the phone* right Chris? *turns back to the phone* Yes, that's accurate."

     "Okay! Okay. I gotta go, I'm going to be late picking her up."

    "Bye! Don't move too fast either!"

     I fetched my keys and parked infront of her house. After a couple minutes, I stopped the engine's purr, and rang her front door bell. Mrs. Kegler answered the door.

     "Mikey, what a surprise! You look awfully handsome. You've grown into a fine young man!" she pinched my rosy cheek.

     "Moooooooom! Stop talking before you embarrass me!" Cara groaned, coming into view.

     "Awee, are you two going on a date? I want a picture!" her mother whined, running to retrieve her camera; her auburn flames were chasing her.

     We posed infront of a grown maple tree, my arm around Cara's shoulder, and hers around my waist. We smiled, and the picture was snapped.

     "One more!" she exclaimed.

     "Moooootherrrr!" Cara groaned again.

     "One more, I promise. Just one," She pressed.

     We gave in, and Cara jumped on my back, my hands under her knees; her arms were around my neck. The picture was taken, and I thanked Mrs. Kegler.

     I opened the white passenger door for Cara, and her mother swooned. We both blushed, not making eye contact. I shut her door, and slid across my hood-- I practiced doing that for sooooo long. I opened my door, and slid into my seat.

     "Where are we going?" she questioned.

     "It's a surprise!" I yelled.

Author's Note:

Hey lovelies! How are y'all? WHERE DID THEY GO? Guess in the comments! Sorry for this really sucky filler chapter, but I'm doing a double update!!!! YAYAYAY! Don't forget to vote, comment, and add to your library! Thank you and stay tuned for the date! What should their ship name be? Sorry for any grammatical or spelling mistakes!