deux

Author's pov

"Seokjin, do you know any of Jisoo's childhood friends?" Jennie plopped down on the nearby sofa as the older got down through the stairs from getting her sister to her own room. Seokjin looked at her momentarily before going to the kitchen.

"If I remember right, there's someone she's very close with when we're still in Daegu. Apparently, that friend of hers moved out of the country when we planned on going here to Seoul to study for college." Seokjin explained; handing down a glass of water to the younger. The younger hummed in response.

"Why is that?" The older man asked. He sat down on the opposite couch where Jennie was plopped down.

"Someone in the bar a while ago helped me to carry Jisoo towards her car and she said she was Jisoo's childhood friend. And she said the exact same thing about their story when they went apart from each other, if I may call it that way." Jennie then went to get something from her hand bag, taking Seokjin's curiosity even higher.

"This is her name and her number if you want to know who she is." Seokjin looked at the younger's phone where Lisa's name and number was showing on the screen.

"I don't think that's very important anymore." Jennie looked at him confused. She unconsciously brought down her phone to her lap whilst the older was fishing for his own phone. Jennie then released; sitting with her back resting at the back of the couch.

"I nearly forgot you're a businessman that owns a huge and famous company now."

"But that doesn't make me less of a person that supports the two of you from the back."

"Just say that you want to steal the attention of my eldest brother." Jennie scoffed. The older laughed at her last remark; his laugh cleaning a whole window that makes her laugh too.

"I thought I wasn't that obvious." Seokjin laughed even more at the thought. The younger rolled her eyes with a smile plastered in her face.

"Who's cleaning the window in the middle of the night?" The two of them; startled, and looked at the stairs to see Jisoo standing with her hands in the rail trying to keep herself from rolling downwards the stairs.

"Feeling better now?" Seokjin stood up from his seat; returning towards the kitchen to get one more glass of water for her sister. Jennie looked at the older woman while she's walking down the stairs slowly with her hands on the side of her head and the rail.

"Your laugh made it even worse." Jisoo complained with a pained expression in her face.

"I didn't know you're that harsh when you're in a hangover."

"Because you're always there when she's drunk, but not after that." Seokjin came out of the kitchen with a glass of water in his hand. He then let his sister sit at his former seat before sitting beside it.

"I don't even want to sit beside you." Jisoo looked at his brother when he's about to sit down beside her. The youngest of them three laughed as she saw the scene unfold in front of her.

She'd always see the two of them being annoyingly formal with each other even outside their work or just Seokjin being the eldest that he is. Seeing this scene in front of her, she suddenly felt the need to know about that feeling. Being comfortable with the other members of your family; especially with your elder brother.

"Then give me back the water." Seokjin tried to grab the glass back but the younger was quick to drink it all in one go before letting him grab the glass whenever he wanted.

"Jennie, you're not that drunk aren't you?" Jennie looked at the both of them with what seemed like tired eyes.

"I managed to drive you here safely."

"What were you thinking?" Jisoo walked towards her, leaving Seokjin with no other choice but to leave the two of them alone.

"I'll go finish your slides then you ungrateful brat."

"Says the one who owns the company now."

"Whatever." Seokjin walked out of the living room; leaving the two of the girls with an eerie silence as Jisoo continued to notice the way the younger was spacing out every once in a while.

"Let it off your chest or you'll be having a hard time breathing with all of that thoughts choking you up like what Peeta did to Katniss on the Mockingjay Part 1." Jisoo tried, but the younger's reaction wasn't what the older was expecting from her.

"Do you want to lose your voice as well?"

"Of course not. My voice would be my best weapon if my body failed me to do so."

"Then why were you so deep in thought just a while ago. I've never seen that expression for who knows how long now." Jisoo scooted closer to the younger,

"I'm scared to go home." The words may have been a bit shocking for Jisoo's part. But seeing how Jennie's emotions were acting up in such a short span of time was seriously worrying her.

This isn't the first time she had seen the younger with this kind of expression.

She lied.

It hasn't been that long since she had seen it. All of those moments came back to Jisoo as Jennie felt like she was drowning in her own emotions. Remembering the past wasn't her type, but she has the habit to do so unconsciously.

"It is okay to be scared. It is okay to feel something we're not used to feel. But feeling it over and over again is a bad thing. I hope you'll always take that in mind." Jennie felt her nerves calm, but the fear was still there.

It's still evidently there.

"I know but..." Jisoo wrapped her arms around the younger's shoulders, letting her feel the warmth of an older sister that Jennie always wanted and needed in times like this.

"But?"

"It doesn't feel home at all."

-

I decided to make the chapters to at least reach 1000 words for the story to feel longer and explained in every detailed way that I can