vingt-sept

"Should I apologize?" Lisa whispered to the older beside her, the guard she had seen a while ago was following behind them as they walked back to Jennie's car.

"I'm too excited to even care." The older spoke in a monotone voice.

"I can clearly feel the excitement." Lisa replied looking away, then there was a hand smacking her arms hard.

"What?" The younger chuckled as she saw the annoyed expression on the model's face.

Jennie walked ahead of her leaving the younger chuckling by herself, yet was confused by something.

Lisa hasn't received any response to her confession and she was growing impatient at waiting. She didn't know if she could do this specific thing or not, because they're not even in a relationship.

Lisa's in a confused mess.

"Ma'am." Lisa woke up from her thoughts hearing the guard behind her spoke. She looked back at the man and saw him pointing just outside the doors to the parking lot.

"Where's the car?" The man behind her asked no one in particular, but when Lisa looked at what he's currently pointing at, she understood the context.

Jennie's car was already driving away from the parking lot, leaving Lisa behind.

"Fuck it." It wasn't her intention to curse, but when she realized she did, she only looked back at the guard and told him that she'll be fine without him.

The man immediately nodded, walking away from Lisa and inside of the building.

The photographer took her phone from her pocket, scrolling through her contacts as she tried to find her cousin's number.

"Jungkook."

"What now?" Jungkook answered, probably annoyed judging from the tone of his voice.

"Pick me up." The photographer has no time to deal with her cousin's complaints as she suddenly felt an adrenaline rush flowing through her body.

"I thought you're going home with Jennie?"

"I thought so too." Lisa sighed, brushing her hair off from her face, fixing it back again when she remembered how precious her forehead was.

"Just pick me up oh my god."

"I have nothing to pick you up."

"Taehyung gifted you a motorbike, don't even try to fool me." The photographer responded with an annoyed voice. She hung up the call, looking at her screen one more time before closing it. Lisa stuffed her phone inside her pocket, impatiently waiting for her cousin to pick her up.

A few minutes of agony, and she can already feel that her cousin has come judging from the familiar sound of an engine.

"Your crush ditched you?" Jungkook took off his helmet holding it on his right waist with her right arm. His cousin looked up at him from seating on the pavement beside the entrance. With a scoff, he took out a spare helmet and handed it to his cousin.

"You look pathetic." Lisa stood up with the helmet on her hands.

"Shut up."

-

"Where's Lisa?" Jennie jumped on their couch once she got inside after parking her car in its place. She threw her car keys along with her bag beside her, relaxing herself. She looked at her brother with a chuckle.

"I'm sure your boyfriend already picked her up. His motorbike was gone."

Taehyung stared at his sister resting on the couch. She had this smile on her face that reminded him of something that he wanted to say.

"I got a call from Jimin." He noticed how abrupt his sister opened her eyes full of excitement and expectations. He walked towards her with his hands stuffed on the pockets of his sweatpants.

"After your talk with them, they immediately rushed to their boss and he said their boss approved just when they were about to speak. Apparently, he knew about your visit and processed everything as you were leaving the building."

Jennie's smile didn't leave her face and she could tell how proud Taehyung was whilst speaking judging from his expressions.

She rushed to her brother, wrapping both of her arms on his shoulders. She has her eyes closed at the moment as she blurted the words thank you.

"I'm not the one you should thank for this." Taehyung admitted.

He wasn't the one who talked to Jimin or Yoongi about this. It's not him who accidentally saw his sister's lyrics.

"I know but still." Jennie insisted, letting go of her brother. Just when she was about to sit back down on the couch, the doorbell rang with the door opening widely.

"Babe." Jungkook brushed his hair away from his face before rushing to hug his boyfriend.

Jennie who had successfully sat back down on the couch watched the interaction with an unexplainable expression on her face. On the other hand, Lisa who was walking through the door stopped when she heard the cringey endearment.

"Do you know how much I'm trembling with such cringeness right now?" Jennie commented from the couch and Jungkook's cousin immediately agreed.

"What endearment do you prefer for you and your future partner?" Taehyung asked when the younger male released him from the hug.

"It depends. But babe isn't part of the options." His sister rolled her eyes, picking up her things before walking towards the staircase; leaving the three of them behind.

Jungkook looked at his cousin, winking at her with a playful smile.

His boyfriend noticed this and from that moment, he knew there's something going on with his sister and his boyfriend's cousin.

-

Taehyung knocked on his sister's room faintly, patiently waiting for her to open the door. He has his hands stuffed on his sweatpants as usual.

"Why?" Jennie opened the door for him but when she gestured for her brother to walk inside, Taehyung refused.

He looked down on his feet before taking his hand away from the pocket of his sweatpants. There on his palm was a small black box decorated with red silk ribbon that was wrapped nicely around the box. Confused; Jennie looked down on his palm with furrowed eyebrows.

"For you but it's not from me." Taehyung handed her the box, letting her open it with her own hands.

Jennie carefully removed the ribbon around the box, opening it revealing a silver necklace with a silver musical note.

"Namjoon originally wanted to give you that on your birthday when he was doing his speech for you but you know... things happened. Seokjin told me that I should give that to you when you achieve your dream. I thought that now is the right time."

Jennie teared up from her brother's words. She took the necklace on her hands before wrapping her arms on his brother's shoulders for the second time.

"Words aren't enough for me to explain how grateful I am to have you two as my brothers."