deux

this is how ashton looks in the story -m

as soon as michael was finished with his maths homework, he was bored and had nothing to do. of course he could always study for his history test on tuesday, but that was on tuesday, and knowing michael he'll probably study for 30 minutes and then get bored.

he tried playing video games, but he soon grew bored. then, he tried to cook something for himself, but he realized that there was nothing for him to cook besides microwavable pizza. then came a sudden realization, he literally lived on a fucking beach. ever since he moved here, he never bothered to explore the beach. why he decided to do it now out of all times, he didn't know, but he had nothing else to do so he didn't question it.

michael changed his sweater to a slightly big, plain black tanktop (he was going to the beach, after all), and decided to put on regular jeans instead of his usual skinnnies. he put on his black converse, because god forbid sand getting on his toes, and started out the front door, making sure he locked it.

he started trekking down the sand, mindlessly thinking anything that came to mind. mostly, he was enjoying the scenery of the beach, especially since it was nearing sundown. he liked the way the waves looked, crashing softly against the shore. the sky was a soft blue with a tint of pink, and michael mentally smacked himself for not exploring the place sooner.

after a few ways down, michael came across something peculiar. he saw a little cove, that looked well hidden from the human eye. it was a darkish purple color, with hints of seashells covering the entrance. and well, since he was getting a bit tired from walking around so much, he decided to go inside and relax for a bit, since the cove seemed dry anyway.

michael entered the little cove, entranced by how magical it seemed for such a small space. the rock walls were a mixture of dark blue and purple, and tiny crystals made up the "ceiling", making it look like stars. there was a little ledge and the rest of the space was made up by rocks or the big pool in front of him.

he decided to take off his converse and relax by the ledge, looking up at the crystal filled ceiling and closes his eyes for a moment. he breathed in the smell of the salty ocean, until he heard a splash from the pool. his eyes snapped open, and his heart started pumping at an alarming rate.

what the flying fuck, thought michael, as he sees a tuft curly, sandy brown hair and a pair of hazel eyes staring at him from behind a rock.

"jesus fuck, what the fuck!" michael shouted, backing up until his back hit the rocky wall behind him. he winced a little at the sharpness, but right now he had other things to worry about.

the strangers eyes widened with fear, making him disappear behind the rock and never coming out again, making michael think if he was crazy.

--

meanwhile, ashton was swimming back to the castle as fast as he could, his heart beating faster because what the kelp, nobody ever saw him before, what is he supposed to do now?

he decided to go and tell ryan immediately, because there was this heavy feeling in his chest and he was sure that if he tried talking to anyone else, then he would word vomit the truth.

as soon as ashton made it back to the castle, he tried to make sure that he went to his room unnoticed. however, he suddenly heard his father's booming voice call out to him from the great hall, where all of the great council's meetings took place.

"ashton, my son, you seem in quite a hurry, where have you been?" his father asked, wrapping an arm around him.

"i was just going for a swim father, i grew bored of sitting in the castle for so long," the mer-prince had to gulp the nerves down and gave a small smile, just an extra precaution so that his father won't be suspicious.

"next time, tell the guards before going on your way out, i was beginning to grow worried."

"yes, father. that won't happen again," ashton let out a small breath of relief, glad that he could finally go back to his room.

ashton busted through the tall double doors of his room, not surprised that ryan was on his bed taking a nap after a long day of royal duties. however, the prince felt that this was more important than a good sleep.

"ryan! ry! oh for poseidon's sake, wake the shell up!" ashton plopped himself on top of ryan, knowing that he weighed more than him.

"ashton, what the seas," ryan groaned from underneath him, attempting to push the other boy off him, but failed.

the mer-prince finally got up, pacing around the room as he always did when he was nervous.

"you would not believe what just happened today, ry! i saw a human! a flipping human! he had the most beautiful green eyes, and his hair-" ashton exclaimed, throwing his arms over his head as he did so.

"hold on, hold on, you did what!?" ryan said in pure disbelief.

"i saw a human today, ryan! can you believe it?" ashton whispered the last part, practically having heart eyes just thinking about the gorgeous boy he saw in his cove.

"and what exactly did he do?" ryan asked, unable to believe what just happened, and also feeling worried for his best friend.

ashton didn't want to admit this, but since he can't keep anything from his best friend, he mumbled, "he kind of screamed and ran away."

"ash, are you hearing this, do you know how insane this could be, do you know how much trouble you could be in!?"

the mer-prince frowned, sure he didn't look like the galaxy haired boy would tell anyone, but he didn't want to think about that right now. instead, he grinned, thinking about the purple haired boy with pretty green eyes.

"i want to see him again tomorrow," ashton said, a small smile forming on his face.

"did you literally not listen to a single word i just said!?" ryan groaned, smacking his hand over his face and plopping himself down on ashton's bed again.

"i do not think it will be that bad," he didn't know if he was trying to convince himself or ryan.

ryan sighed,"just, just don't be stupid okay, ash?"

ashton gave him a reassuring smile, "okay."