trois

the next day, michael couldn't stop thinking about the mysterious stranger that he found in the cove. so much, that he wasn't paying attention anything, much to the annoyance of his friends.

"michael, miiichaeell, earth to michael," luke waved a hand in front of his face.

"huh?" michael snapped out of his daze and looked at his two best friends, which were giving him slightly worried looks.

"is everything alright?" calum asked softly, concern taking over him.

"yeah, i'm fine," michael replied casually.

"well, if you ever need someone to talk to, we're here," luke smiled at him from across the cafeteria table.

michael pondered over if he should tell them or not. after all, they were his best friends.

fuck it, michael thought, i'll tell them.

"i know, i'll tell you guys after school at my place, kay?" he really hoped that they would believe him though.

calum and luke exchanged worried glances at each other before luke said, "sure."

the bell rang, signaling that lunch was over. the three exchanged goodbyes before making their separate ways to their last class of the day.

--

as soon as school was over, the three piled up in calum's car without a word, just waiting for the moment they arrived at michael's house.

calum put in a green day cd to fill up the silence, however, it didn't help as the boys were too preoccupied with their own thoughts right now. michael was anxious, he was anxious that his two best friends weren't going to believe him. if they didn't believe him, what was he supposed to do? he had no one else to go to, and he sure as hell couldn't handle this alone.

meanwhile, luke and calum were worried for their best friend. michael didn't give them and specifics, the two just knew that it was important.

as soon as they pulled up to michael's house, the three boys got out of the car and immediately went into michael's living room. luke and calum sat on the 3 seater couch, while michael sat on a soft chair that was facing the two.

"so, what did you wanna tell us about mikey?" calum asked, leaning his head onto lukes shoulder.

"okay, so you're probably gonna think that i'm fucking crazy, but here goes.

so i was walking on the beach yesterday, right? don't laugh at me, i was bored and i was too lazy to call you guys up. anyways, i was walking on the beach, and then i saw this cove. it looked fucking magical, let me tell you. and then i decided to go inside and relax for a bit, since i don't exercise for shit and i got tired pretty fast. so like, after a while i heard this splash from somewhere inside, and then i look to my right and i see some dude with curly hair and nice eyes staring at me. it creeped me the fuck out so i shouted and he got scared and disappeared. and then i ran out of the cove as fast as i could." 

michael caught his breath after that, nervously waiting for his best friends to give him some kind of reaction. or support, really.

luke and calum stared at him with wide eyes, a mix of emotions sporting through both of their faces. after a few minutes of silence, luke was the first one to say something, "maybe he's lost?"

"that's what i thought too," michael frowned.

"what if all three of us go and see him? maybe he'll come back," calum suggested. michael was appreciative of him being helpful even though it was obvious he was still confused about the situation.

"he ran away when he saw one person, imagine if there were three people cornering him. he would lose his shit," michael sighed.

"look, what if you try going up there again tonight, and we'll follow you, but you go inside alone? that way, if anything happens, we got your back," calum said with a smile.

"that's a great fucking idea! what are you waiting for, shitheads? let's go!"

sorry if its short -lynn