Chapter 8 ❣

Kjay POV 

I've been really thinking hard about this whole Kim situation. I'm questioning the reason I even got with her ass. I even remember the day I met her. 

Flashback

" Come on man, let's go hit up the club. My boy just called and said they got a new shipment of bad ass females" My homie Marc said.

" I don't care if they looking like Meagan Good, you know Ashley is the only female for me." I said walking into the kitchen to get a snack.

"But Ashley is away visiting her old friend down in Atlanta, and she won't even find out." 

"Ight man, I'll go but only for a minute to see what all this talk bout this party is." I said walking upstairs to change into some clothes. I put on my Army Cargos, my white muscle shirt and my red vans. Plain and simple. I have no one to impress since my girl isn't here. 

"Aight Marc, let's go get this over with." I said in an uninterested tone.

"You better not have that attitude when we reach the club but I wanna get torn up from the floor up" he said doing a little happy dance. 

"Whatever man, let's go"

We walked outside and we walked to my Range Rover but I stopped for a quick minute to take in the scenery. I grew up seeing drug lords and prostitutes working at all hours of the day and night so to be standing here, in this calm neighborhood, about to get into MY Range I felt a sense of accomplishment. I snapped of my train of thought and hopped in the car and started it up. Well this better be good. 

"Woahhhhh this is awesome." I yelled to Marc over the loud music. We've been here for about 4 hours and from the second we walked in the party was live. 

"I told you you would have a good time." Marc said then grabbed some chick and walked around the crowd, probably taking her to one of the backrooms. 

"Hey." I heard a voice say. I turned around and saw this really cute girl. She resembled a darker version of Jennifer Hudson.

"Hey ma." I said turning to face her.

"Umm d-do y-you wanna ummm dan-dance ?" She turned then put her head down in shame.Ohh little mama was shy.I like that.

"I have a girlfriend though ma" I said placing my index finger under her chin and putting her head up to face me. She looked disappointed. "But I would love to dance with you ma."

"My name's Kjay by the way" I said introducing myself.  

"Okay my name's Kim" she said walking beside me as though trying to feel my skin against hers. 

We talked and danced for the rest of the night and got to know each other. She seemed like a really cool and down kind of girl. I'm actually kind of glad I came out tonight"

Flashback Over.

Damn. What ever happened to that Kim ? The one who was so shy and innocent and would look at her feet when she was nervous or scared. The one that reminded me of ... Ashley. Maybe that's why I became so attached to her. She reminded me so much of Ashley that I lost sight of the fact that I actually had Ashley. 

The thing that really bugs me is that Ashley was right. I told her to have an abortion because I wasn't ready but here I am now having to take Kim to doctor appointments for a kid, I'm not even sure is mine. Ashley could of had my first child but I guess I was scared. Scared that one day she would come to her senses and leave me. She would leave with not only my heart but my child and I couldn't live with knowing that she could realize I'm a jerk any day and just leave me.