One of Millions

this book is dedicated to QuinzillaJohnson and KathrynKat

Morgan POV

I paced in my room. Should I? No that's a stupid idea. You would just publicly embarrass yourself. That's like digging myself a social status grave. Everyone would see it. Except, he wouldn't since he has a life......

Come on Morgan. Just think of the rewards if he did see it. And he did respond. Risk and reward. Basic economics. But why would he see it? Or respond. Or even respond the answer I wanted? Basic common sense. Ugh! I hate being this: fangirl. One of a millions of girls who feel the same way. The feeling of hopeless. Talking to yourself. Wishing the same wish every night.

I'm going to do it.

I'm not sure what convinced me. A sudden stroke of confidence. Or the fact that the possibility of this taking a turn of events for the better, the curiosity was killing me.

I logged onto my twitter and stared at the blue screen and the haunting white bird. This bird. Laughing at me. Ok. I've lost it. I need to calm down and just give it a try. Obviously over thinking this has gone to my brain in all the wrong configurations.

"@camerondallas Will you be my date for my senior prom? 💕💕"

The vertical line signifying the start where you type flashed in a pulsating beat.

Do it. Press tweet.

My finger was shaky over the blue light words. It hovered closer to only be brought back in doubtfulness.

I squeezed my eyes shut and pressed it as if I didn't want to see it send. I didn't want to witness the distribution of my crazy dream.

But it was too late. It had just gone public. No taking it back. Just had to wait and hope. Hope and wait. Wait and..... Oh no. Why did I just do that!? I moaned in frustration and flopped on my bed. I set my phone down.

The screen lit up and my eyes jolted to the small blue icon with the haunting white bird.

"Monica Gartner and 6 others favorited your tweet. "

"Jamie Langivin and 9 others retweeted your tweet. "

"Monica Gartner and 20 others favorited your tweet. "

"Amy Jameson and 12 others commented on your tweet. "

The comments caught my eye. Were they giving me hate? I slide my finger across the lock screen and entered my passcode - 624266.

My phone opened and my notifications were blowing up. I was surprised my the amount of nice, encouraging comments, and was surprising not fazed by the harsh hate.

"Omfg! Can someone please get this into @camerondallas timeline?"

"You go girl!"

"OMG @camerondallas you have to go to prom with @morgantrexxxo !! Please someone get Cam to see this!"

Other comments that weren't as nice....

"Stupid bitch! We all know you just want attention. "

"We know you only want attention so you can be the cool girl with Cameron Dallas as your date. He wouldn't go with a slut like you. "

Truth was. I didn't want attention. I wanted what every other teenage fangirl wanted, their idol to be theirs.

Days past and I had no answers from Cameron. I had the most comments, favorites, and retweets I've ever had on the tweet but none from Cameron Dallas.

I contemplated tweeting it again with 'x2' etc. but stopped myself. I didn't want to annoy him. Plus, he probably did see, but chose to ignore it. Or not answer since it was an awkward question. He didn't even know me.

More days past and I got antsy. I shouldn't have sent such a risky tweet. My mind was strayed from the thoughts of my tweet when my mom bought me VIP tickets to MAGCON. A 'meet and greet convention' in my city. Cameron Dallas would be attending and I still had no idea how to act when I finally met my idol.

It was weird to think of the possibilities that could happen by just meeting him for about 5 minutes. That was all the time I needed if he was willing to say yes.

------------------------------------------

Vote. Comment. Share!