Don't Feel Pressured

Cameron POV

I've never been nervous in front of crowds of people.

Heck. it's what I do.

But for some obscure reason standing in line for Prom with my arm around Morgan made me go insane with nervousness. And I wasn't just nervous, I was absolutely mortified. Of what?

I don't know exactly but making this night perfect for Morgan was my top priority. It was a lot of stress too. Would she mind if I took a picture or signed something for a random girl on the dance floor? Clearly I had not thought this through all the way and I was losing it. We walked beside each other with our elbows locked. Morgan was wearing a breath taking flowy red dress. It went well with her skin color and I had to admit, I looked pretty dashing myself with my red bow tie and a white tux. I felt like I shooked violently waiting in line to get inside the auditorium where the event was being held.

My palms were clammy so thank god we weren't holding hands.

My heart was beating really hard in my chest so thank god were weren't hugging.

My neck was beaded with sweat so thank god we weren't taking pictures.

"Cam?" Morgan whispered, "It's ok. Relax. It's just a high school dance. "

I wanted to tell her that I wanted this night to be perfect but the moment left wrong. I just nodded and make a weird sound signaling that once again, I was nervous.

Thanks Cam! I'm pretty sure we already established that.

Once we were inside there were little words to be said. The whole thing was just, a juxtaposition. The theme was dedicated to ones lost in the shooting a new weeks ago and it was beautiful and still disgusting the see the faces of deceased looking back at you.

The first thing was to eat dinner. We had a small white clothed table for two and we sat facing each other.

"That is so cool. " Morgan beamed in awe.

"Yeah. " I sighed in agreement.

The next few minutes were complete silence but it wasn't awkward. Far from awkward. We were both just transfixed on the decorations that surrounded us. Sadly, there were no pictures of Brandon who also died from gun wounds.

Not sure how I felt about it.

"Shit. " Morgan mumbled. She fiddled with the napkin in her lap and avoided looking up.

"What?" I asked getting more nervous by the second.

"This guy I've had a crush on forever is looking at me. He keeps winking. Is that good? I feel like it's just because I'm taken. " Morgan says rushed.

"Makes sense. " I conclude. "Guys like what they can't have. Knowing that you are taken and the way you look tonight is probably making him insane with jealousy." I smiled. Morgan blushed an I filled with happiness. I love making her happy. "And I'll pretend not to be offended that you said you have had a crush on him forever since I know you love me forever. " I joked.

Morgan laughed and poked at her food with a fork.

"I kinda like having this power over him. " Morgan confessed. "Is that mean!" She giggled.

"Not at all. " I smirked. "If you really wanna make him mad," I inquired. I leaned close to her and she mimicked. I then placed a small kiss on her lips like they were the most delicate things in the world.

One conclusion came from doing this: bad f**king idea.

Ok the sparks I felt from a kiss so small, so unimportant should be a record. Bad idea. Now I was even more confused than before. Did I really like Morgan?