At Last

Logan POV

One again I was crying and searching for the consolation of a human hug. The first person I found was Peyton. I dove into her embrace and she just stood there while I cried.

I should've known our relationship had a due date. I really like Jack but maybe we were destined to be restrained to friends.

I explained to Peyton and all she did was nod.

"To be honest, I was going out with Matt to make you jealous that I had him and you would dump Gilinsky so I could have him...." Peyton finally revealed.

I stared at her in dishonest expressions.

"How could you lead him on like that! That's so cruel and uncalled for..." I said backing up from the hug.

"Oh come on. Don't act so surprised! It's so obvi that Matt was only going out with me to make you jealous so you would go to him. You two would be perf. Yes, I'm weird and so is he, but something about Gilinsky pulls me toward him instead of Matt."

I stood awkwardly and walked out the door into Matt's room.

"Matt?"

"Peyton?" His voice rung in my ears and then I realized how long it has been since I had a conversation with him, alone."

"Um. " I cleared my throat, "No, it's Logan."

"Logan? Whatcha need?"

"Did you, uh, only go out with, um, Peyton to make me jealous?"

Matt sighed and scratched his head.

"Initially, yes. I do like Peyton though so since you were with Gilinsky, it made sense."

"That was 8 months, though...all the months were lies? You two seemed so happy."

"We fight, a lot. I'm not into doing something every night, but she wanted a romantic day everyday, I just couldn't give that to her." He shrugs.

"So... How long were you two going to remain miserable in a relationship?"

"I don't know...." Matt said while sitting on the bed.

"Well, Jack and I broke up. Does that change anything?"

Peyton POV

On my way to Matt's hotel room, I postulated three main facts:

1. I wanted to date Gilinsky really bad.

2. I wanted to break up with Matt really bad.

3. I don't know if Gilinsky will ask me out after I break up with Matt.

And that scared me.

I entered the room as quietly as I could. Just the idea of breaking up with Matt was scary and made we want to shrink and be silent.

That was until I saw my best friend who half an hour ago was bawling her eyes out making out with my boyfriend.

"Well that makes things easy." Was all I said. Matt and Logan launched away from each other so quick if you blinked you would have missed it.

"Peyton....look." Matt started but i cut him off.

"Be with Logan." I simply stated before turning around and walking out.

This was the perfect time to seize my chance and be with Gilinsky and believe me, 8 months of picturing your boyfriend's best friend, who was also your best friend's boyfriend, when kissing you boyfriend isn't the right thing to feel.