Chapter 1

~Izuku's POV~

Endurance. That's part of being a hero. Not giving into to the pressure.
Working hard to achieve your goal, short term or long term, no matter the circumstances. And at this very moment, I'm honing my skills. Attempting to stay focused in class instead of dozing off from lack of sleep.
Last night, I stood up for hours trying to compose a plan to get Kacchan to... hate me less. We've know each other since we were kids, and we were really close. But now he treats me like an enemy. I have such a strong admiration for him, but he's the type of person that's difficult to get close to regardless of how long you known each other. Even so, I'm not giving up!
As soon as class was dismissed, students shoved their belongings into their bags, ready to rush out of the building. I caught kacchan in my sight and dashed toward him.
"Kacchan!" I yelled. He continued walking, completely ignoring me. I grabbed his sleeve in an attempt to stop him. He turned towards me, "What do you want?" He said in a nasty tone. His serious, tired eyes stared back at me. His hair as it always is, explosively spiky with his bangs covering his forehead. He had taken off the school's blazer and was left with his loose button up that left everything up to the imagination. It's not that he's trying to be modest... he's never modest.
"Well, since Aizawa sensei said we had a written test coming up, I was wondering if you wanted to study with me..." I mumbled, playing with my fingers. He grunted... or maybe it was a laugh.
"I don't need to study. And even if I did, why would I wanna do it with you?"
"I guess you're right, you do get higher scores than me. I would only be dragging you down. You would have no gain what so ever. I'm really sorry, it was stupid of me to ask." I rambled with my head down. "It's just that, I really like you. I look up to you a lot and I really want to become friends with you again..." I took a peek at his face. He had an indescribable expression... he almost looked confused, but the same time, he had the same irritated face he always has. Did I say something wrong?
His face softened a bit, then he sighed. He opened his mouth to say something, but quickly closed it. He turned around and stormed off. I stood there, speechless.

I definitely said something wrong.

~katsuki's POV~

What the fuck? I don't understand what goes on in that idiot's head. But I can't lie. Nobody has said anything like that to me since I came to this damn school. But what did he mean by "like"?
He didn't confess to me, did he?
I felt a pang in my chest. My eyes widened.
And so what if he did? It doesn't matter regardless. I don't care what that twat thinks of me. As long as he doesn't get in my way. "Hey, Bakugo!"
This again? I turned my head to see Kirishima walking towards me.

"Wanna grab some food?" He asked.
"Depends. Are you paying?"
"Sure, as long as you tip." He bargained.
"Fine."

I don't know why I talk to this kid. I just do. We don't get food often, but when we do it's not like I enjoy it... I just like the idea of getting a free meal.
Kirishima obnoxiously slammed his body against the door. It flew open.
The restaurant was riddled in brightly colored flowers. The white lace curtains were wide open, letting in the afternoon sunlight. The walls were painted baby blue and had children's drawings hung up on them. The cushions on the booths were ripped and wore out, but it's probably been like that for years. It's not exactly my choice for interior design, but Kirishima knows the o'lady that owns the place. Plus, the food is pretty good.
      He called over the waitress and we ordered what we usually get. "Bakugo? You look like you've got something on your mind." He said while playing with the paper from his straw.
"And?" I furrowed my brows.
"Tell me what happened."
"Why should I?"
"Come on, just tell me." He persisted. I hesitated but decided to tell him anyway.
"What does it mean when someone explains how much they admire you, and then says they like you?"
"Are you saying a girl confessed to you?!" He exclaimed. Before I could respond, the waitress brought over our food.

Wait.... so it was a confession?

Kirishima thanked her for the food, then continued. "You have to accept! Who knows when another person would ever be interested in you!"
"Shut up. You say that as if you're not in the same boat." It hurts my ego saying that, but it might be true, "You probably haven't even lost your virginity yet." I replied with my signature angst.
"So, are you saying you have?" He questioned. I didn't answer.
      We ate our food and he paid, as promised. I reluctantly gave the waitress her tip and began my trip home.
Deku likes me? Kirishima's crazy if he thinks I should accept his confession. But I guess he didn't know it was Deku. It doesn't matter anyway.

But maybe I could use his help studying.