Horror/ Conspriacy theories

1 The pointless twist endings.

Most of the twist endings I see in the horror genre are pretty stupid.

Examples: The killer turned out to be the shy nerd.

Someone turned out to be a sociopath even though the author clearly displays the fact they aren't sure what an actual sociopath is.

The friends went to a horror house but ended up going to the wrong house that looked like the horror house expect it was a real murder's house.

Why does there always have to be a twist ending in a horror story anyway?! Most of the time the twists don't scare me or make me think all it does is ruin the somewhat scare factor the book was going for.

2 Short horror stories are never scary.

There's just not enough character development or time to build on the characters motives.

It's always someone dies or is about to die, there's never a horror story without gore murder or suicide. So cliche.

3 Tv Conspiracy theories that claim the entire show is in the main character's head because they're in a coma or they're crazy.

Similar ones includes the characters are dead and are in purgatory.

I'm sorry but the idea that a character is dead, in coma or crazy is so overused, it's unbelievable.

Edd Ed 'N Eddy, Pokémon, Friends, Rug Rats, Grease, and even The Loud House have conspiracy theories in the dead or coma or crazy category that claims the show is only in the main character's heads.

It just doesn't take a lot of creativity to say oh Marlene from finding Nemo really did lose all of his children and his wife so he imagined Nemo and going on an adventure to pretend he has someone left to love.

It's just repetitive because all the people that came up with that particular type of theory because it relies on the same logic.

Something bad happened to main character so they fall into a coma or go crazy and all we see is their dream to be happy and live life the way they want.

On the flip side, if the characters are all dead and in purgatory we watch them suffer only.

Imagine seeing a theory like this all the fucking time.

I'm sure those conspiracy theorists can come up with something better.

Author's note

This chapter was originally supposed to talk about sensitive topics but I think you all know why shouldn't glorify things like sexual violence, murder, mental illness, and abuse. It' pretty obvious.

I chose to talk about horror because hardly anyone talks about it.

You got to be the one author that talks about something new in their cliche book.

Thanks for reading and until next time.