Rommance

1 The mc girl goes to a party and gets drunk for the first time.

This girl is usually a high school goodie girl, trying to live it up, or trying impress someone, or was pressured, or her drink was spiked.

Can someone please tell me why the mc's friends talk the her into going to a high school party where everyone is drinking or on heavy drugs?

Unless the mc's friends are setting her up to get drugged, killed, and or raped, they shouldn't be trying to get their girl to have fun or talk to her crush in such a DANGEROUS situation such as a high school party that includes drinking and drug use.

This cliche just irks me so much because underage drinking is glorified to the max.

Let's not forget that when our mc gets a little too drunk or more like gets so drunk where she makes bad decisions, can barely walk, slurs, which leads to her almost being raped, but of course her love interest saves the day before it happens.

Even after the mc is almost raped she still goes to the next party and or drinks again!

WHAT THE FUCK?! BITCH, ARE YOU REALLY THAT STUPID?!

Did you not realize that those kind of parties aren't safe in the slightest or that you're breaking the law?!

Teens can go to jail for drinking and it goes on their record for life.

Too many teens get killed every year due to alcohol poisoning and drunk driving.

Nothing good comes out of drinking regardless  if you're underage and even if you're not.

Let's not forget that every time the mc gets wasted they're usually never hungover the next day.

2 The werewolf and vampire genre.

Yikes! Just looking at the covers and descriptions of those kinds of books on Wattpad make me cringe.

I'm sorry y'all, but it's the same garbage every time!

Examples: Vampire or Werewolf is looking for a mate. Vampire or Werewolf love interest all have the same bad boy personality type that isn't done in a new and exciting way. The mc girl is a human. Vampire or Werewolf is super possessive to the point where it's creepy, obsessive, abusive, and hard to read.

The vampire or werewolf love interest must be exceedingly good looking.

Even I get tired of these perfect super natural male models with their predictable actions.

I'm sure there's more cliches in those specific genres, but I haven't read too many of those books.

If you like the werewolf/vampire genre, good for you, but it only appears to be the bad boy is a sexy monster and nothing else.

Sadly it feels like most writers who write primarily werewolf or vampire books copy each other or stay in the box of overused troupes in those genres.

3 Love solves all the characters' problems.

Love in fact doesn't solve all your problems what it does do is create new problems whilst solving some.

An example of this that is horrible is a girl, who struggles with self harm and mental illness is completely recovered after dating her crush.

This doesn't happen in real life.

People who self harm don't magically get better after their crush agrees to date them.

They might consider getting better, but recovery doesn't come easily to anyone who is struggling with both mental illness and self harm.

It doesn't help that some people don't understand what mental illness and self harm does to people. These people think once the character sets her mind to get better because of her hot new boyfriend that all she has to do is love him.

No, if someone is self harming, they need to love themselves first before they get better.

Besides it's better to not base a relationship on someone saving someone else. That could make the person being saved only in love with the hero because they saved them.

Not to mention this is just a lazy ending.

4 The love interest saves his crush by pushing her out of danger which would realistically only end up killing both of them or the hero.

Usually what happens is the hero in that situation gets injured and later the love interest confronts the hero angrily, saying why did you put yourself in danger, you crazy!

That's when the hero admits he loves her and their argument is completely solved after that and they live happily ever after!

Know anymore cliches in the romance section on Wattpad or anywhere else? Feel free to comment your experiences and give this chapter a vote if you enjoyed my content,