Chapter 1: Love is Hard

Izuku Midoriya was in more trouble than he had ever been before in his life. Even more trouble than when he was being bullied by Kacchan, even worse than when he was attacked by that sludge monster, even worse than when he had to use One for all without being able to control it. He was in love. That itself was bad enough, but he was in love with one of his classmates, Eijiro Kirishima. Izuku knew that Kirishima was out of his league to begin with. It didn't help that Kirishima had managed to befriend such attractive people. He was surrounded by better options than Izuku. He wished he could talk to his new friends Iida and Uraraka about his crush, but he didn't want to burden them or get them involved in his love life. He wished he could just confess and get it over with. he wanted to tell Kirishima how amazing his quirk was and how brave he was to have fought against the villains at the USJ and how nice he was to rush to check on Izuku when he couldn't move. But Kirishima was friends with Kacchan, which meant that Izuku would be made fun of for his crush for as long as he was around. Izuku didn't know what to do, so he went out for a walk after school. He had told his mother what he was doing and that he would be out for a while. He didn't know when he would finish walking and he didn't want his mother to worry. He just wandered around the city, passing by the familiar landmarks. Izuku thought that the walk would help, but it just made things worse. Everywhere he went, he was surrounded by couples of all types. Izuku didn't know why he was being punished by the universe. He had already been bullied for most of his life for being quirkless and now he had a crush on someone he had no chance with. Why was the world so cruel to him? "Hey mister." Izuku  turned around to see a little girl holding a book. "Will you be the Cinderella in my book?" Izuku just stared at her puzzled. Izuku felt bad for himself because he had problems just like Cinderella, but she got to be with her prince charming in the end. Izuku just smiled at the girl. The girl smiled back and lifted the book up to Izuku. Izuku touched the book and was encased in a bright light. He was kind of expecting this. Why should a little girl's book not bring him more trouble?