chapter 11 (completed)

It had been a whole week since I was reunited with Xavier. All we did was eat, hang out around the house, sleep and repeat. He hadn't let me out of his sight for even a second. I was glad to be reunited but I know I can't stay in this safety bubble forever, there was still too much to do. While we were watching The Vampire Diaries I decided to finally bring it up.

"Xavier." I spoke up timidly, knowing he wouldn't like what I had to say.

"Yes, love?" He asked, pulling me impossibly closer against his side without taking his eyes off the screen.

"As much as I have loved this past week we have to go out and face everyone eventually. I want to see Bailey, Cody and Evan.The last time we saw him you got all possessive and were rather rude. Plus we still have to deal with Grace, Luke and his psycho father."

He let out a heavy sigh and turned to face me "I know but I'm not ready, what if you're taken from me again? Everyone says I'm strong but without you, I'm nothing, the thought of you being in danger again kills me Piper." He took a deep breath, "But I know we have things to do, just as long as you're by my side every step of the way and know you will allow me to stay by yours." His eyes held more love for me than words could ever describe.

My eyes started to dampen from the raw emotions arising between us. I felt my heart swell with love. I gently placed my palm against his cheek. He smiled and leaned into it as if he was still not used to me being back. "I love you Xavier, and I'll be by your side always and forever."

Later that night we went to bed after finally agreeing that I should go back to school. I need a bit of normal before I continue with all the crazy and perhaps I'll figure out my next move. For now I snuggle against my handsome mate and fall into a deep sleep knowing tomorrow will be a good change, or so I hope.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up with a spring in my step since I planned to go visit Bailey today. It's Saturday so she should be at home. I quickly threw on some jean shorts and a black tank top that had "Fluent in sarcasm" printed across the chest. I was pulling my black ankle boots when I realized Xavier hadn't moved from the bed. I promised to do this with him so I had no choice but to wake him. I quietly crept towards the bed admiring his strong chest and his innocent sleeping face.

I was about shove his shoulder when an idea hit me. I smirked as I quickly ran downstairs to get a few ingredients. After scouring the kitchen for a few items I ran upstairs with whipped cream and cherries. I barely contained my laughter as I sprayed whip cream over his lips into a big smile and a small bit on each cheek. Then I placed a cherry on each cheek and stepped back to admire my art work. I quickly grabbed my phone off the nightstand and took a few pictures. When I looked at the picture my laugh finally escaped and I grabbed my stomach and fell against the bed.

"Piper? What's going on? What's so funny?" Xavier asked slowly sitting up with his eyes barely open.

A cherry fell into his lap and a look of shock crossed his face, "Um, what?" He continued to stare at it for a few seconds before his hand shot up to his face. He slowly looked up at me as I continued to wheeze.

He suddenly shot out of bed and grabbed the can of whip cream. I shrieked and made a dash for the door but before I even took a step he had me pinned to the floor. He flipped me on my back as I struggled to escape and brought the can towards my face.

"Hey let's talk about this! I was only trying to wake you up, sweetly." I giggled at my own pun while he simply smirked.

"Well then I'll just return your sugary suggestion." He replied, spraying the can all over my face and planting a soft kiss on my lips.

**

After what felt like an hour of cleaning up our mess we were finally able to head out. I skipped to my cherry red baby and slid into the front seat and took a deep breath.
As we pulled up to the school I wondered if Bailey, Cody and Evan would forgive me for being MIA for so long. The fear quickly deminished as all three rushed my car as soon as I put it in park.

"OMG we missed you so much! Are you ok? How are you feeling? When do we get to kill the ones responsible for this?!" Bailey screamed as she hugged me tighter than I thought possible.
"You had us worried sick!" Cody threw in as Evan joined in on the hug.
"No kidding! You have no right Missy" he added.
"I'm so sorry I worried y'all." I could tell they hadn't had much sleep if any lately "we'll make them pay soon but for now I need some normal time in my life and my amazing friends to help me catch up with all that I missed."
"I wish we could just call the authorities and have this dealt with for you so you don't have to worry anymore." Even added with a pout.
"I know, me too but you know we can't. As soon as they found out Xavier and I and Bailey and Cody aren't the same shifters we would be locked up and executed."
Well all shared a worried look.
"Let's get this day over with. We'll be having a slumber party tonight and I expect snacks and popcorn to be brought. It's been way too long since I've last watched "The Vampire Diaries" and I need some Delana right about now."
They all nodded their heads in agreement as we headed to class
~
The day was long and boring as usual but this time I truly appreciated it. I even answered questions in class which definitely suprised my teachers. After heading home at the end of the day and switching into fuzzy pajamas I danced to "Sweet Dreams" by Eurythmics and got all my TVD disks out. I glanced back to see Xavier on the bed trying to come up with a plan to take down Luke and his dad.
"Hey we agreed to worry about this later and to do it together" I said slowly lifting his chin and rubbing my thumb against his cheeks. He let out a deep sigh and put the papers in the bedside table.
"I know I just hate that they are still out there." He gave me a small peck on the cheek as a knock sounded at the door.
I jumped up and swung it open to reveal my three smiling friends each holding popcorn and a bunch of candy.
-
We watched about 2 seasons before the gang started to head out barely awake and waving their goodbyes. Xavier and I snuggled up into bed already half asleep.
"This is just what I needed. Thank you" I whispered not knowing if he was even awake.
"Of course. I would do anything for you and I hope you know it. Goodnight Piper I love you to the moon and back"
"I love you too"
_----------------------------------------------------------_
I'm back!! Here's the long overdue update for the rest of chapter 11. I'm going to try to update as often as possible so there should be no more huge time gaps between updates.

Also quick note for those asking about the shifters rule and why it is in place and such - I plan on writing a second book to not only continue Xavier and Piper's adventure but also to focus more on the rule and it's backstory and it's future influence so if I don't touch it too much in this book that's why.
Thanks for all the support!
-Madi