Chapter 1

It was late Sunday morning. Melody gets out of the limo that brought her from her home. She looked up at the school in awe. She felt excited and scared, but mostly excited. Her mom got out of the limo behind her. Her mom had come with her because she was offered a job as the new music teacher and swim coach.

"Wow. This place looks amazing." Ariel said to her daughter. She looked at Melody. "Are you ready for this?"

"As ready as I'll ever be." Melody said looking down. She wasn't to sure about going to a boarding school. Ariel put a hand Melody's shoulder.

"Cheer up, sweetie. Just give it some time. You might like it here." Ariel said reassuring her daughter. The limo driver took their luggage out of the trunk. They each grabbed a couple bags and headed towards the steps. They walked in the Academy and looked for the Admissions Office. They found it at the end of the hall and walked in. They saw a woman in a blue pantsuit standing by the desk. "Hello." The woman said to Melody and Ariel.

"I'm Fairy Godmother and you must be our new student and faculty member." She looked at a paper. "Melody and Ariel Triton."

"Yes. That's us." Ariel said.

"Welcome to Auradon Prep." said Fairy Godmother. She looked at Melody.

"Here is your class schedule and room assignment. You will be rooming with Dizzy Tremaine." She said handing the schedule and key to Melody. She turned towards Ariel. "The faculty have their own separate rooms in a different wing, from the student dorms. Once you've unpacked, come by my office and I'll show you your classroom and our pool area."

"Thank you." Ariel said.

"If you have any questions, don't hesitate to come by my office. My door is always open." said Fairy Godmother. Ariel and Melody walked out of the Admissions Office and started walking down the hall.

"Do you need any help unpacking?" Ariel asked Melody.

"No. I'm good." said Melody.

"Ok. I'll come find you later." said Ariel.

"Ok." Melody said. Ariel gave her daughter a quick hug and they went down separate hallways.

Melody was walking down the hall where the dorm rooms were, dragging her suitcase behind her. She looked at the paper to figure out what dorm she was in. She walked a little further until she came to her dorm. She saw the door was open and walked in. She saw a girl sitting at a desk drawing. The girl hadn't noticed Melody yet. Melody cleared her throat. The girl at the desk turned and saw Melody standing in the doorway.

"Oh I'm sorry. I didn't see you standing there. You must be my roommate." The girl said getting up and going over to Melody.

"Yeah." Melody said as she walked over to an empty bed and set her suitcase on it.

"I'm Dizzy." Dizzy said. "Melody" Melody said as she started unpacking. 

"Nice to meet you, Melody." Dizzy said.

"You too." Melody said as she continued to unpack. As she finished unpacking, Dizzy said

"If you want we can grab some lunch and i can give you a tour of the school."

"That'd be great." Melody said smiling. She grabbed her key and walked out of their dorm.