Chapter 12

After her last class on Tuesday, Melody was walking around the campus. She didn't have swim practice that day. Her mom had given the swim team a day off. She walked by the Tourney field and saw the guys practicing and the the girls working on cheer routines. She thought that the routines looked cool, so she decided to watch. She sat on the bleachers. She saw that Jane was on the team. She looked at the guys practicing. She smiled when she saw Aaron. She turned back to the cheerleaders. She thought that the moves looked interesting. She thought about maybe joining. After watching for a little bit, they finished practice. Jane saw you and walked over to Melody.

"Hey Melody." She said, getting to you.

"Hey Jane." Melody said back. "How are you?"

"I'm good. Busy, but good." Jane said. "What about you?"

"Same." Melody said. "Busy, but good."

"Did you come to watch us practice?" Jane asked.

"Yeah. I saw you guys practicing, so I decided to watch." Melody answered. "I also came to watch my friend practice." She said, pointing Aaron out to Jane.

"That's cool." Jane said. "You seemed really interested in our routine."

"I was." Melody said. "They looked really cool."

"Well if you're interested, you should try out." Jane said.

"I was thinking about that as I was watching you guys." Melody said. "Maybe I will. When can I try out?"

"How about Thursday after last period." Jane said.

"Sounds good." Melody said, excited. Aaron came up behind her.

"Hey." He said putting his hand on her shoulder. Melody turned around and saw it was Aaron. She smiled.

"Hey!" She said. "

What's going on?" He asked.

"I'm going to try out for cheerleading." Melody said.

"That's awesome." Aaron said. Some of the other girls came over to them.

"You're Melody right?" A girl with brown hair asked. Melody recognized the girl from her princess lessons class.

"Yeah." Melody said.

"You're in princess lessons with me." The girl said.

"Yeah." Melody said.

"I'm Audrey." She said.

"Nice to meet you." Melody said.

"Want to go for a walk?" Aaron asked.

"Sure." Melody said. She looked at the girls.

"See you guys Thursday." Melody said. She took Aaron's hand and headed off the field.

"How are you?" Aaron asked.

"I'm doing good." Melody said. "How are you?"

"I'm doing good." Aaron said. Melody remembered that she hadn't invited Aaron to her party.

"Oh before I forget, I wanted to invite you to my birthday party this Saturday." Melody said.

"It's your birthday on Saturday?" Aaron asked.

"Yeah." Melody said.

"Of course I'll come to your birthday party." Aaron said. Melody smiled at Aaron. Aaron smiled back. "So what time's the party?" Aaron asked.

"I don't know. Dizzy is planning it, so you can ask her" Melody said.

"You don't know when your own party is?" asked Aaron. Melody laughed.

"She wants it to be a surprise so I don't know anything about my party." She said.

"Ahh ok." Aaron said. They continued to walk.

"So you're a princess?" Aaron asked.

"Uhh, yeah." Melody said, a little embarrassed.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked.

"I thought that if you knew that I was a princess, you would only like me because of that." Melody said.

"Why would you think that?" Aaron asked.

"I don't know." Melody said looking down. She was embarrassed to think that. Aaron sat down on a bench and motioned for Melody sit next him. Melody sat down. She kept her head down.

"Look at me." Aaron said in conforting way. Melody looked up at Aaron. "I don't care that you're a princess. Aaron said. "I like you for you."

"Really?" Melody asked.

"Yes." Aaron said.

"I like you just the way you are." He smiled at her. She smiled back abd hugged him. He hugged her back.

"If it makes you feel any better, I'm a prince." Aaron said.

"You are?" Melody asked.

"Yeah. My mom is a princess in Arendelle so I'm prince." He said.

"Oh ok." Melody said. They got off the bench and continued walking.