Chapter 20

It was the night of the ball. Melody and Dizzy were in their dorm with Mal, Evie, and Jane. They all had spent the day getting ready together. They all had done their nails earlier and now Evie and Dizzy were helping doing hair. "What do you think?" Dizzy asked Melody as she finished her hair. She had done a French braid.

"I love it!" Melody said as she hugged her best friend. "Thanks Dizzy. You're the best!"

"You're welcome." Dizzy said. Melody went to go change into her dress and worked on her makeup while she waited for Aaron to arrive. He was picking her up at her dorm. There was a knock on the door and Dizzy got it.

"Hello Aaron." Dizzy said. Melody quickly finished her makeup and went over to the door.

"Hey!" Melody said.

"Hey," said Aaron. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah." Melody said, grabbing her clutch. "I'll see you guys there." She said to the girls as she walked into the hallway. Melody and Aaron headed to the ballroom.

"You look absolutely stunning and beautiful." Aaron complimented her.

"Thank you." Melody said. "And you look so handsome."

"Thanks." Aaron said. They walked into the ballroom and saw a bunch of people there already. They saw Ben and Doug and went over to them.

"Hey guys." Aaron said.

"Hey Aaron. Melody." Ben said. "Melody, do you know where Mal and Evie are. I know you guys were getting ready together."

"They're still getting ready." Melody said. "They'll be here soon."

"Ok." Ben said.

"So, how are you guys?" Melody asked Ben and Doug.

"We're doing good." Doug said. "What about you guys?"

"I'm doing well." Aaron said.

"Me too." Melody said. Soon, Dizzy, Mal, And Evie arrived and came over to them.

"Where's Jane?" Melody asked.

"Carlos picked her up after you guys left." Evie said. "They should already be here."

"Oh, I guess we didn't see them come in." Melody said. Once they found Carlos and Jane, they all hung out and danced together. Melody noticed her mom with Belle, Adam, and Fairy Godmother.

"I'll be right back." Melody said to Aaron. "I'm going to go say hi to my mom."

"Ok." Aaron said. "I'll get us some snacks and drinks."

Melody went over to her mom. "Hey Mom." She said.

"Hey sweetheart." Ariel said. She looked at Melody's dress. "You look beautiful, sweetie."

"Thank you." Melody said.

"Where's Aaron?" Ariel asked.

"Getting us some snacks." Melody said. "I just wanted to come over and say hi."

"Ok." Ariel said. Melody hugged her mom. Ariel hugged her back and kissed her on the forehead. "Now go." Ariel said. "Enjoy the dance with your friends." Melody smiled at her mom and went to go find Aaron. She found him sitting at a table.

"Hey." She said, sitting down.

"Hey." Aaron said. They both started eating. After a few minutes, Aaron spoke. "Melody, I want to ask you something."

"What is it?" Melody asked. Aaron rubbed the back of his neck.

"Will. Will you be my girlfriend?" He blurted out. He looked at Melody, nervously waiting to see what she says.

"Aww Aaron. Of course I'll be your girlfriend." Melody said, smiling. Aaron smiled at Melody.

"Would you like to dance." Aaron asked.

"I'd love to." Melody said. Aaron took Melody's hand and lead her to where everyone was dancing. Melody put her arms around Aaron's neck and Aaron put his arms around Melody's waist. They started dancing.

"I love you, Melody." Aaron said.

"I love you too, Aaron." Melody said.

Aaron leaned in and kissed Melody kissed and Melody kissed him back. They smiled at each other and went back to dancing, enjoying the rest of the night.