Chapter 16

"So any plans coming up?" I questioned as Harry and I sat in the living room watching television.

"Uh, nope. Not really." He mumbled flipping through the channels. I peered over at Daya who was slumped over sleeping in Ann's big comfy recliner. Ann was out to drinks with her friends and we decided to stay in with Daya.

I wasn't sure how to bring up the whole 'cayman island vacation with his young hot model girlfriend' thing but I wanted to. I really, really didn't want her going with them.

Something about some 20 something year old girl playing mommy with my daughter rubbed me the wrong way. I know Harry will most likely remarry and what not but it's only been a couple years since we split up and if this was the Kendall I was thinking of, I was hoping it wouldn't be with her.

"Any vacations?"

Harry looked over at me, a bit confused. "Well, I mean, I was probably going to take Daya on vacation to maybe some islands or something."

"Just you and her?" I pestered, not wanting to annoy him.

Harry muted the tv and turned to look at me. "Did you go through my phone?"

"What? No!" I shouted a little too defensively. "I-I was just wonderin-"

"Yes I plan on taking Daya with me to the Cayman Islands with my girlfriend, is that a problem?" His tone was sharp as his brow furrowed, staring daggers at me.

I bit at my lip. Things have been so good but I felt so strongly about this. "I'm not really comfortable with Daya being around her."

Harry let out a deep sigh as he rested his head on the back of the couch. "Well, I'd really like to have my daughter with me on vacation. What can I do to make you feel more comfortable?"

I was a bit taken back. I thought he'd get angry. Maybe therapy really was helping him.

Truthfully I wanted to say, nothing you could do could make me feel comfortable with you having my daughter around some skanky model, but, I had to be an adult.

"Could I meet her? Maybe we could all go to dinner?" I questioned. Maybe I shouldn't judge her by just what I've heard in the media. She must have some redeeming qualities if Harry is dating her. He dated me too.

"That sounds fine. I'm sure she'll be cool with that. How about when we get back to London tomorrow night? Kendall's in town until Monday."

I nodded and let out a breath i didn't realize I was holding. This is what it was to be divorced and respectful. Meeting your ex's girlfriend and pretending you don't want to explode.

***

The ride back to London was peaceful and quiet. Daya slept the whole way and so did Harry. It was just me and my podcast for the whole three hours.

I was feeling quite anxious about dinner tonight. I told Harry I wanted to meet her and he was fine with that but will he respect what I say about her if I don't want her around Daya?

Once we were home I went and had a nap while Harry and Daya watched Bubble Guppies out in the living room. My muscles felt so tired. I hadn't really had time to fully relax and my body was technically still in recovery.

"Mama!" I heard Daya shouting from the living room about an hour after laying in bed. I sighed and got up walking into the other room. "Oh, mama! Hi!" She smiled standing on top of the arm of the couch.

"What's wrong?" I questioned, rubbing my eyes.

"I was yelling mama like in the movie." She giggled pointing at the screen.