Chapter 9

Chase's POV

I'm driving to work and I can't get Skyler out of my head. It's been a week since Skyler got the job at Dairy Queen. I remember that day like if it was yesterday.

"Flashback"

She walked up to the counter where I was. She was wearing a hot pink spaghetti strap summer dress that stopped a couple inches above the knees with ruffles at the bottom. Her caramel brown hair landed right at her waist with loose curls that complimented her hazel colored eyes.

"Hi." Skyler said with a smile.

hi, may I help you? I asked with a slight smile.

"Yes, can I talk to your manger? I filled out an application a few weeks ago and I was wondering where it sat because I just had an interview with him a few days ago." She said.

"Yeah sure, I'll be right back." I said.

I walked back into the kitchen and made my way towards my manger Drake's office in the back of the kitchen.

"Hey Drake!" I said, opening the door to his office.

"What's up, is there something wrong?" He asked worried.

"No, no not at all,  there's just someone that asked to talk to you about an application." I said.

"Oh okay, I'll be out there in just a second." Drake said.

I nodded my head in approval of his words and walked out and back to the front counter where Skyler was.

"Drake will be out in just a second ok? By the way I'm chase." I said, sticking out my hand and smiling at her.

Okay, and it's nice to meet you Chase, I'm Skyler. She said, shaking my hand with a smile on her face.

"Nice to meet you Skyler!" I replied, as Drake approached us.

"Hi I'm Drake." He said to Skyler and they shook hands.

"Hi I'm Skyler." She said.

"You were the one here for a follow up interview right?." Drake asked.

"Yes I was." She flashed him a smile.

"Alright come follow me back to my office, I have a few questions for you." He said.

They walked back to Drake's office and I started cleaning the counter and taking orders again.

A few minutes later Skyler walked out with Drake and thanked him.

She made her way back to a table by the entrance, where a guy sat. He had short, caramel hair like Skyler's. He was wearing a red shirt with blue jeans and white Nikes.

He seemed to be lost in thought but once he noticed Skyler it seemed to bring him back to reality. They talked for a few minutes then they hugged each other and they seemed very happy.

 Could that be her boyfriend? No they can't be, I thought to myself. They both made there way up to me and I gave them their blizzards.

"Here you go beautiful!" I said to Skyler and lowered her head as began to blush. The guy that was with Skyler cleared his throat. Sky is there something you would like to tell me? He asked Skyler eyes then shot up and I could see her cheeks turn red well um she paused I um met someone Troy this is Chase  Chase this is my brother Troy she said I stuck my hand out Troy took my hand and shook it nice to meet you I said nice to meet you too Chase said Troy with a smile and with that they payed and as they were walking out the door Skyler yelled SEE YOU ON MONDAY CHASE I smiled to myself as the door shut behind her I heard the chimes on the top of the door as it opened snapping me out of my thoughts Skyler stood in front of me good morning she said well hi there may I help you? I joked she giggled and came behind the counter beside me yes can I get an ice cream cone dipped in chocolate? She joked back sure after work but right now I got to show you how things work around here I said smiling at her ok Skyler replied a few hours had past and she had already gotten most of everything I had showed her down we stood there talking for a bit since it wasn't really busy when the door opened and we looked straight at the door as a guy and a girl entered making there way towards us Skyler froze crap no this can't be she said under her breath

Sorry I haven't updated I been busy don't forget to comment fan and vote thanks! :)