Chapter Seven - Samkiel

Cas watched Dean climb down the stairs from their heated bathroom talk. He watched Dean as he walked into the living room and collapsed in a chair. Nothing made Cas more upset than being at a distance from his Winchester. But he had things to get done, first of all was Gabriel. Lucifer had threatened him and Cas was not going to let his brother get hurt. He loved Gabriel and would protect him while he knew Dean would be in the bunker safely tucked away. Also, it was a good thing to keep his mind off of Dean in a bed. Already, Cas was feeling a tug on his heart. 

He flew to his brother and tried to silence the feelings that screamed in his head. So, when he stood his ground again, he found he was in a presidential suite in some hotel in Las Vegas. Gabriel was smirking as he sat with his legs crossed on a grand chair. Cas rolled his eyes at his brother's eccentrics.

"Cassie, what's up?" Gabriel stood and held his hand out to his brother.

When Cas went to shake it, Gabriel clasped down and pulled him into a tight hug. He breathed in Cas deeply and took in the feel of his brother. When he parted, and they were no longer in contact, Gabriel gave him his little smirk and shoved his hands into his pockets.

"Lucifer named you as a target." Cas spoke softly. "I am here-"

"That asshole." Gabriel groaned and rolled his eyes. "He just doesnt know when to stop.... What a motherfucker."

Cas paused and waited in case Gabriel wanted to bad mouth him any more before they continued seriously. "I need you to come with me into hiding."

"Dear God, Castiel. i am not going into hiding with you." Gabriel rolled his eyes and with the snap of his finger a tray with a chocolate fountain appeared in front of him. He picked up some strawberries and began to dip them.

"Gabriel. Don't be an ass. You know that Lucifer is serious about all of this. And I can not stand this world without you. You are my brother. I love you, and I am going to take you into hiding if I have to duct tape you and stuff you into a trunk." Cas walked up and knocked the chocolate fountain onto the ground. "Come with me, now."

Gabriel glared and dropped the strawberries onto the ground. He kicked them away and crossed his arms over his chest. "I can handle myself. Not everyone needs you to babysit them."

"We can stop Lucifer together." Cas pleaded with his brother. "But not if he finds you and kills you."

"Let him find me. I will make him wish he never rose." Gabriel bitterly growled and turned to look out at the view he had of the moon over Vegas. "I will not cower in some corner. I am over that. If he wants me, he can get me. But I am telling you Cas, he won't waste his energy or breath. It is Dean he will come for. He will throw everything at him. With him gone, Michael has no where to go. Sam will be broken and more open to Lucifer's ploys."

Cas looked down at his shoes. "I know."

"But you can't afford to be close to Dean right now. Not with Lucifer thinking you are no longer human." Gabriel had read Cas and knew all of the conversation they had. It was one of his talents that Cas hated. "And Cas, love? Really?"

"Gabe-"

"I understand, buddy, he is everything you have tied to this world. And he loves you. Match made in heaven." Gabriel chuckled. "I am happy for you. I love you and I will be by your side protecting your happiness."

"Thank you, brother." Cas let out a deep breath of relief. 

"Also there is one more surprise." Gabriel grinned at Cas with a smart wink. "A sister has come to help."

Cas' eyes widened in suspense of who would come to their side, most angels were running Lucifer's side in an attempt to belong to the winning side. God's side was failing as of late. Hope was dim for the few angels left fighting for humanity.