Chapter 3 - Am I falling for him?

"I knew you were stupid but not this supid!" We were now walking home, I'm fully aware that I have exactly one hour before our mom's arrive home. "Can you walk straight?" I meant it as a question but it fell out of mu mouth as a demand. 

   I knew we weren't going to make it home; she will kill me. 

   "Calm down!" I inhaled sharply before glarring at Jesse who had a smirk playing onto his lips. 

   "Well if you never got us into this mess, we wouldn't have this problem, now would we?" 

-----------------------------

   Almost home. I have to keep reminding myself that. 

   I know in my brain that they are already home waiting, but to avoid my stomache exploding with nerves I have to tell myself otherwise.

   Just like I thought, the silver car was parked in the driveway, accompinied by our mothers.

   "Amanda and Jesse, get your butts over here. Now!" Oh the sweet, soothing voice of my mother. 

   "I'm sorry! It's all hi-" 

   "I don't want any excuses, young lady! This is so unlike you! What has gotten into you? A party? I called everyone, no one had seen you two! I was worried sick!" Looking over at Leann, she corrected herself " We were worried sick," 

   After making our way into the house, Jesse and I found ourselves sitting the living room, listening to our mothings throw up words for thirty six minutes. If it wasn't bad enough, both of us are grounded for three weeks. Personally I think that's a over exaggeration, I mean  three weels? One and a half at the most, I didnt even drink!

   "OK! Do you have to yell so much!" I blurted without even thinking. Wide eyeed stares, were shot at me in every direction, I quickly covered my mouth. 

   "Another week for you then!" Sometimes I really hate my mother.

   "Oh come on, she's kind of rig-" I heard Jesse try and defend me but Leann cut him off, "Another week for you then to!" 

   "We're going to bed, I would suggest you do the same!" With that Leann and my mother stormed off into the empty hallway, but not before giving us one last stern stare. When they were out of hearing distance, I wisper yelled at Jesse,

   "Are you out of your mind?" Furrowing his eyebrows together, he stared at me.

   'I don't think that is physically possible," I threw my hands up in the air, with frustration. Maybe it's because he's drunk, he's so arrogant. But I can't help the smile that forms on my face, that's the smartest thing I've ever heard him say. Wow, that's sad, actually. 

   Storming off up the stairs to my room, I hear his footsteps behind me. As I almost had my door closed I heard him chuckle after saying, "You know, you can be kind of cute, when you're upset," 

   Even after slamming my door at his comment, I couldn't help but feel my cheeks heating up. And I hate myself for it. 

-------------------------------

   It was a Saturday, usually I would hang out Sam but because of last night's shanogans, I had to cancel. 

   It was ten thirty when I awoke, I guess being awake so long last night, had it's toll on my sleeping scedule;

   Weeknights I go to sleep at nine, sometimes eight-thirty, I awake at seven.

   Weekends I go to bed at ten-thirty, eleven tops. I awake at nine.