Remembering Him: Cory Monteith (1982-2013)

This is just my story of being a fan of Glee and the late Cory Monteith. :(

3 years ago when I started watching Glee. I was indulged to watch this musical-comedy tv show not because of the show itself but because of this certain guy in the cast named Finn Hudson played by Cory Monteith but eventually, I also started to like the whole story and the other characters like Rachel Berry (Lea Michele), Finn's girlfriend, Santana Lopez (Naya Rivera) and Blaine Anderson (Darren Criss) and many more. Above them all, Finn is the one I love the most.

He's the quarterback of the William McKinley High School and was discovered by Mr. William Schuester, the glee club coach played by Matthew Morrison in the locker shower singing 'Can't Fight This Feeling' and motivated him to join the club and become part of it until he graduated.

I love all his songs on the whole four seasons of his existence in Glee especially his own acoustic version of 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun' and his duet performance with his on-and-off screen girlfriend Rachel/Lea 'Faithfully' and 'We've Got Tonight'. They really had a chemistry on the tv screen, right?

My admiration to him elevates everytime I watch him on the TV screen. Even though he's not a good dancer, he's the very good singer for me.

Honestly, watching Glee also enhances my and my sister's skills in English. We understand every conversation and even laugh with it. The way the characters deliver their lines hit our funny bones. :D My parents sometimes watch along with us and they also memorized the character's name.

Another thing why we love Glee so much because of their musics and songs. Even if sometimes their songs are just revivals, they somehow make it more beautiful and contemporary.

I'm feeling honoured that I am the only GLEEK in our classroom when I was in my high school year. When I told them about Glee, they didn't relate to it so I introduced it to them to watch and eventually, we all talk about the previous episodes that was telecast. I am so proud that me and my sisters are one of the 20 million gleeks around the world. ^_^

One of my favorite Glee episode was Michael where they sang Michael Jackson's songs like Ben, Bad, Black and White, Never Can Say Goodbye, I Just Can't Stop Loving You and Smooth Criminal. I also love the episode where they sang The Beatles's songs for the first two consecutive episode for season 5. Sadly, Finn Hudson wasn't there. :(

I noticed Finn's appearance on Glee became very irregular unlike the seasons from 1 to 3 where he's always seen on every episode. I don't know the apparent reason for that, I thought they're giving the spotlight for the new set of casts for a while. The casts on New York like Rachel, Santana and Kurt also appeared occasionally.

July 13, 2013 was the day Gleeks would never forget. It was the day my idol, Cory Monteith or Finn Hudson of Glee was found dead at a hotel in Vancouver, Canada. The news said Cory's cause of death was drug overdose.

At first, I didn't believed the news, thinking it was just one of the internet hoaxes made by jobless people who has nothing to do. But when I watched the news about it on the tv, I finally believed.

I felt so horrible that time. We always kept ourselves updated through social media. I can't even focus myself in school (I was in college that time) and whenever I remember that he's already gone, I can't help my threatening tears to fall down. Me and my friends were so sad that time. Even my parents knew about that. We even felt sorry for his girlfriend Lea Michele. ;(

I remember Finn's last performance 'Don't Stop Believing' on season 4 where Rachel Berry used the song for her 'Funny Girl' audition. I think, if there's a song that really acknowledged Glee, Don't Stop Believing was the song for it. It was the song that was sung on the pilot episode, Finn's also first performance.

Even though they're saying that Cory's a drug addict, I think he's a good person. Even just watching him on the TV screen, seeing how he smile and talk to others I can detect his authenticity to his fans. He shared his experience with drugs and reminded young people that never used illegal drugs. He learned. He shared his knowledge about it to others to serve it as a lesson. I always look at his good sides.

I wish, before he left us, he got the chance to marry Lea Michele and have atleast two babies. :) Or doesn't leave at all. Life is temporary and I believe he spent his' usefully.

Glee also gave tribute to Cory. The episode entitled 'The Quarterback' where all the Glee cast commiserate on his death on the show but doesn't give any apparent reason why he died. When me and my sisters watched it, we can't help ourselves but to cry during the show. We felt their forlornness with his death especially when they sang songs for him.

On Sunday, July 13, 2014, we'll commemorate his 1st death anniversary. It's fast, isn't it? He's a year gone. It is the reason why I made this.

I know Glee won't be the same without Cory but atleast he became a part of it and he also has a part in our heart. Some of us didn't got the chance to meet him personally but we're still lucky that we're one of his fans that appreciates him and was appreciated by him.

That's all. I have to nothing to say. Thanks for those Certified Gleeks who read this. I love you all guys!

Please listen to one of my favorite songs sung by Finn on Glee on the side. I'll Stand By You :)

~ Anya. :)