Rendezvous

Ian's POV

I woke up with my head nuzzled into Anthony's neck. I smiled as I rubbed my eyes, then, to surprise him, I kissed his sweet spot until he woke up, moaning. I laughed as he pretended to swat me off. He smiled at me, half awake. Then, he looked down at my lips again, and whispered in my ear, "Do that again."

And I did. Let's just say it was a pretty good morning for the two of us, and our neighbors practically went deaf from our... excitement.

Eventually we were both clean and dressed. "Anthony," I called to him from the other room. "I'm going to meet a friend today."

"Who?" He walked over to me and hugged me from behind.

I sighed. "Melanie."

Anthony looked at me. "Ian," He warned.

"I just want to talk and catch up with her. It's no big deal."

His face softened. "I trust you." He said.

Anthony kissed my cheek and I headed off to Melanie's house. Eventually, I saw it. The same house I used to live in with my love. Well, my ex-love now. I walked up and knocked on the door. "Ian!" Melanie exclaimed when she saw me. "Come in!" She gave me a hug and sat me on the couch. "How have you been?"

"I've been great. Fantastic, actually." Then I grabbed her hands and looked at her directly in the eyes. "You know, Melanie, I loved you. I loved you a lot. But that breakup and your words brought out something in me, and I can't thank you enough for making me realize it."

"Realize what?" She asked, obviously confused.

"My sexuality. Melanie, you were never a coverup, I could never do that to you. Once you broke up with me, I was lost. All I was given from you were words. You told me that you thought I was gay. I was pissed, I was outraged, until, I realized that you were right. Anthony is my true love now and I would be so lost without him." A single tear ran down my cheek, same with Melanie. "We're engaged to each other now." I said, holding up my hand. Melanie burst into tears, happy ones, and hugged me.

"Oh Ian," She cried. "I'm so happy for you. Would you like to go out to lunch? We can bring Anthony along."

"Of course!" I exclaimed. "I'll text him now."

I pulled out my phone and texted him.

Me: Melanie invited you to come to lunch with us. Are you up for it?

Anthony: Sure :) Where at?

Me: That sandwich shop by Starbucks. Do you know which one I'm talking about?

Anthony: Yeah. I'm on my way. See you there <3

Me: <3

"He's on his way, Melanie." I said to her.

"Alright," She said, grabbing her keys. We drove to the sandwich shop, taking separate cars.

We soon arrived around the same time Anthony did. The three of us walked in together and ordered our food. Anthony sat next to me while Melanie sat across from him.

"So," She said, taking a bite of her salad. "Who proposed?"

Anthony laughed. "Funny story. We both had rings with us and we were both going to propose but I did first."

I could tell Anthony didn't 100% like Melanie, but he was being nice to her, just for me. Soon, Anthony and Melanie had a full on conversation and I just zoned out, eating but paying no attention to them.

That is, until I heard Kalel's name.

"What about Kalel?" I asked hurriedly.

"Chillax, Ian. Melanie asked about her." Anthony rubbed my hand.

I relaxed a bit and continued eating. Soon enough, we were leaving. Anthony grabbed my hand and we both said goodbye to Melanie, driving home.

Anthony and I fell asleep together on his bed for a long nap.