Case 1.1 - Case Open

[Hans's POV]

A rumor about her has been going around for a while now, the Sheltered Princess. Interesting how an introverted girl that snobs everyone got so famous.

Everyone made rumors about her — teachers, students, and staff. The rumor of all rumors on campus. Faulty tales circulating around are already a common thing for everyone, but when the Sheltered Princess is brought up, they're all ears. People would talk about anything related to her — rumors of her, rumors about rumors about her, even irrelevant rumors that have been connected to her. People would even take advantage of these rumors, claiming to know her, just to gain a slight increase in popularity.

And the aura she gave off when she walked down these halls — it's as if she were a wealthy foreigner looking down on everyone else as her cold gaze darts everyone who dared look back...such cold, stunning beauty.

She's actually pretty cute though.

With her petite build and smooth, porcelain skin matched with a pair of cute round eyes below her arched eyebrows, you could see why she gets that much attention.

Donned with our school uniform, she gained the title of the Sheltered Princess of Maple Hills Academy.

Well, even with her rumored lineage and charm, one could safely claim that this girl — Cassia, has a terrible habit of being tardy. It would appear that she is always late for morning and afternoon assemblies, class gatherings, even reunions. This is rather strange as it contradicts her elegant aura and poise. Though, she does wear her I.D. most of the time unlike the majority of the students here. Usually, after the morning assembly, before my first subject is about to start, I would spot her walking down the hallway.

I doubt she's heading to her classroom.

There were instances where there's someone walking along with her. However, these people would often look tired and out of breath as if they ran a few laps around the gymnasium.

These people always ended up on the tardy list.

Actually, now that I mentioned it...

This is probably another well-known rumor circulating around campus — connected to her, of course.

People who ended up in the tardy list all claimed to feel a sense of looping back to the place they once were just a few moments ago. No matter how much they ran, or where they ran to, they keep coming back to the same place as time continues to move forward.

Though, this rumor hasn't stopped most boys from fawning over Cassia.

They called it the paradigm repeat.

I call it a lousy excuse for laziness and tardiness.

Speaking of tardiness, no one really knew where the sheltered princess goes before, during, or even after school. She's so silent to the point that she would suddenly appear or disappear out of nowhere. Sometimes, I would often spot her sitting by herself under the shade. Actually, I've spotted her loitering by herself in different areas of the campus, as if she was lost — or maybe she was searching for something.

From what I've noticed, she does not seem to have any friends.

Not one.

I haven't even seen her converse with anyone before — I haven't even heard her voice. Yes, people would often talk about her, but I haven't seen anyone start a conversation with her. Well, even if they did, I doubt she would respond back. Then again, I doubt that she's extroverted enough to start a conversation herself. She was often seen walking around the campus halls with her head tilted down sometimes, with a book clutched tightly to her chest.