Case 1.12 - Flights, Confrontations

She looked at me with that blushed expression on her face. "Pfft—" she chuckled out of nowhere, "Ah, miscommunication...sorry, sorry."

"Miscommunication?" I asked in curiosity.

"I was planning to make you angry," Sonia replied, "or well, irritated enough?"

"Is that so?" I chuckled in disbelief. "You know, for the past decade, never have I felt a hint of anger." I boldly stated as I reached my arm forward.

Suddenly, Sonia slapped my hand away, staying in her position as she glared up at me with a grin. "Hmph." she grunted, "For the past decade, you never felt a hint of anything." she stated in a taunting tone. "Plus, I thin;k I know you like the back of my hand. At this point, if anything, I know you better than yourself...how do you feel about that?"

"Bothered? Slightly irritated?" I responded, unsure. Her reaction surprised me, though what she said is true.

If this is her acting to make me irritated enough, I guess I'll play along.

Though, the fact that what she said was true did bother me slightly.

"It's not good to bottle up emotions you know." Sonia nudged my leg as she muttered those words in a bothersome tone. "Now, try again!" she demanded, pointing a finger at me.

I took a deep breath and clenched my hands into fists.

Like earlier, I kept my left hand clenched as I pulled my right arm down this time. With a sharp exhale, I quickly launched my right arm to the air with my palm out.

A stronger burst of fire came from my hand as it overshone the dimly lit streetlights.

Seeing that, I felt my heart beat faster. After watching the burst of fire fade away, I looked at my hands and smiled at what I just accomplished.

It felt exhilarating.

"Hmm, hmmm...our incendiary can do better than that." Sonia casually taunted me.

"But you just said—"

"Hush, dear." she cut me off.

Her tone shifted in a blink of an eye, backing me into a corner.

"You threw away your memories while she kept hers, so that's to be expected." she muttered in front of me haughtily without a hint of hesitation.

"Hey," I slightly raised my voice at her.

"Well," I tried to think of a comeback, "it's not my fault I threw away—"

Sonia cut me off, "Hmph, you dare raise your voice at me, yet you can't even think of a snappy retort."

The comeback dwindled down into an excuse as she once again cut me off. She stood up close to me, poking me with her finger as her pestering went on.

Without even realizing it, we started arguing.

"You came to your own world without knowing anything." she scoffed, "You could've been stranded here, wandering around with no purpose."

"Well, sadly, that didn't happen now did it?" I got carried away as our tones matched, provoking each other per turn, "Lucky for me, I managed to find you."

"Lucky? More like pity." Sonia derided, sneering at me, "Lady luck probably noticed how incompetent you are that she had to do most of the work."

This pointless arguing went on for over a few minutes as she managed to give a retort immediately after mine — soon enough, it finally got to me as I took one deep breath.