Case 1.3 - More Anomalies, More Discoveries

Was that the Paradigm Repeat?

I was transported so seamlessly that it took me a while to recognize where I was. For those who fell in her anomalous effect, I now see why they described it like that.

I walked to the edge of the walkway and leaned over the railings, spotting Cassia below pouting at me with her arms crossed. She flailed her arms around for a moment, probably grumbling about what just happened.

She's still adorable, nonetheless.

The light glow that came from her pendant soon dissipated, yet I could still see her necklace glimmering from here. I tilted my head in wonder, "I'm pretty sure there are people who can see as far away as I can."

This was rather convenient since I could just rush to my classroom and grab my phone — unless Cassia manages to bother me once again.

A few moments ago, I honestly thought that I was gonna get punched or kicked halfway across the building — beaten up, basically, perhaps even relentlessly. I mean, that's what usually happens when a guy accidentally gets into an embarrassing situation with a girl, right? I'm probably overgeneralizing the word girl here. I think there's a better term for that.

Ah. A tsundere.

Maybe Cassia is a tsundere.

Or maybe I was just imagining things.

I gazed at Cassia as she walked out of my field of vision.

She took the ramps — she could've just teleported herself here, but she took the ramps.

"I should grab my phone before she transfers me somewhere else again," I casually muttered under my breath as I walked towards my classroom — as if what just happened was normal.

Then again, what exactly is normal in this world?

Of course, everything considered normal is what everyone is used to. Ranging from social status to rules and regulations, there are a lot of concepts and beliefs that have been considered normal. Matter, too, is considered normal as well — we interact with it from the moment we are born till the day we die. We apply it to our everyday lives and explore more about it.

Basically, one can safely claim that everything that we see and interact within our daily lives can be considered normal. However, the fear of the unknown is a concept that exists in this world, and with the existence of anomalies, everyone would soon start questioning what truly is normal — eventually.

Ignorance is bliss after all.

The situation I was in right now is a good example. Being trapped inside a building at night, with a perverted stalker that happens to be a ghost. Not only that, but her necklace also possesses an extraordinary power not even science can explain.

However, this is irrelevant to all the people who are not here right now. I mean, how would something like this be relevant to everyone else other than me?

They won't gain anything from this.

They won't lose anything either.

Perhaps humans truly are creatures of greed.

They wouldn't really care if something like her were to exist in this world.

Regardless...

It must be kept in mind that just because she exists in this world doesn't mean she can already be considered normal.

There are countless other anomalies that exist right now, defying our very understanding of reality — in this case, our very understanding of normalcy.