Case 1.2 - First Encounter

It was still raining.

I gazed at the bleak streaks of clouds as they drift away sluggishly. My camera, still clutched between my hands.

"What just happened?" I muttered under my breath, squinting my eyes to the distance. "Oh, yeah. I was waiting for the rain to calm down so I could grab my phone, then go home," I added.

I wonder what else happened...

Muttering these words, I slowly lowered my head to take a glimpse of what's in front of me.

"Ah."

"It would be nice if this was just a hallucination", I thought from that glimpse.

That's right. I wonder if this is all just a dream.

Maybe this is all just a false awakening that will soon come to an end — I'll wake up, sooner or later, and go start my day like any other. I already have Nora to manage whenever she crashes at my place and I don't need another one added in.

Perhaps this was the aftermath of all the stressful projects shoved to us — all of them were due in a week. As one of the top three in my entire batch, not only do I have my own projects and presentations to handle, but also the tasks requested by my own classmates — hell, even some of the students from other sections come to me for help.

Well, that's not the subject here right now, is it?

Something like this couldn't possibly occur in the reality I'm in right now — right?

"I have been found..."

She said.

The hallucination standing in front of me finally spoke.

"Or rather, I have found you..."

The hallucination — I mean, Cassia Ambrose — said with a smile.

I stood there, speechless, dumbfounded at the situation I was in. It took me a while to process the situation, really. This cute little girl smiling in front of me just came into existence — appeared out of nowhere, the moment the shutter snapped.

"H-huh? P-perhaps I approached the wrong person again by mistake?"

Cassia began to stutter as she trembled in embarrassment. As I stood before her, her usual dignified stance crumbled down as anxiety took over. So, this is the well-known Sheltered Princess of Maple Hills Academy. The rumored introverted girl that snobs everyone. The truant student everyone made rumors about.

She's actually exceptionally cute.

She looked good with the school uniform, but I wonder what she'd look like in long, flowing robes — it would fit her aura a bit. Though, with her height, I don't think long outfits would suit her well. Then again, who am I to judge? I haven't seen her wear anything other than her uniform.

Her long, neatly curled white locks fell to her back, while her eyes are a pair of sophisticated violet resembling royalty. A classic cubic pendant can be seen dangling on the delicate chain hanging around her neck. The cube appears to be made of different silvery-colored metals with ornate engravings around the edges.

Wait — by mistake?

Does that mean she already approached someone else before bumping into me? I tried my best to keep my laughter in. If you think about it, wouldn't it look cute to just watch her stutter after realizing that she actually approached the wrong person by mistake?

Though, I wonder what made her think that I'm the right person she's looking for...

Was she stalking me...?