Chapter Thirty five

Ariel POV
__________
I woke up to the sunshine from my large windows.

I sat up and yawned and got out of bed.

"Good morning young mistress, how are you this fine morning." The red haired maid said as she pulled opened another curtain letting the room be filled with sunlight.

"I'm f-" a shriek cut me short.

I zoomed out of bed and out the door following the direction of the shriek.

I entered the room where there stood a trembling maid at the door entrance of Zayns room her horror filled eyes made me gasp.

I quickly looked over her shoulder on the floor laid zayn motionless.

"ZAYN!" I shrieked the maid moved over a step letting me enter the room.

My eyes swelled up with tears my chest felt as if it was caving in with emotions and my breath hitched.

He laid motionless his eyes screwed shut.

I kneeled down beside him crying my hands trembled as I gripped on his shirt.

I could hear some gasps as I began to cry on his dead corpse.

'When had this happen? who did this?' My mind raced as I thought.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, but I continued to cry.

The pain in my chest felt as if it was eating me whole.

But some how something inside me clicked as if a hatred unraveled in my soul and ran through my cold blood.

I looked around and could see Niall close to tears Ella wide eyes, Harry hugging a crying Brianna, Liam had tears running down his face as he held Jay close, Louis wide eyed and alicen stood bravely beside me as she had tears streaming down her face.

But of course they would never feel my pain, he was mine, my mate, dead.

I quickly turned and hugged alicen as I cried.

I felt as I was crying my happiness away as if with every tear I became darker and unhappier.

He was my soul mate, never would someone's presence satisfy me as Zayns had.

I felt a loneliness that wasn't easy to express.

I was darkening I don't think I'd ever be happy.

A part of me was ripped away and something dark was replacing it.

My sorrow deepened to an extent that I myself didn't know.

"It's okay we will be okay, we will get through this."she said as she gently stroked my hair.

'Words of consolation... Seemed to anger me, it wasn't going to be okay he was gone and things that are lost can never be regained no matter how much we struggle.'

But I didn't say anything just let myself weep my happiness away.

I pulled away not withstanding the feeling of pity they made me feel.

I kneeled down to zayn pulling his cold body and bringing it close to me.

For a human he would have been to cold to be alive, but for me this was the same dead cold that was in my skin.

I gently stroked his face as I my tears dried up.

Hatred was merging with me becoming part of me.
I had such a long life to live and eternity to be exact.

The short amount of time that he was with me was almost nothing to what it could have been.

But he was gone and I couldn't do anything about it maybe if I had been with him I could have saved him, but no! I wasn't here when he needed me! It was too late.