It's you; it has always been you

AN: HELLO HEATHENS!!! ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE aBANDONED YOONMIN, PREPARE TO EVENTUALLY SINK WITH THE OTHER SHIP! MY NAME IS YOONMINOBSESSED FOR A REASON!

ALSO SPECIAL THANKS TO @MinJimin__ for leaving me a message <3

Jimin thought this was finally it.

After years of pining he'd finally had enough and took action.
And now it was time for him to collect the reward.

Yoongi started avoiding the others during their heat and Jimin was ecstatic. This was it! Yoongi is finally going to ask him out.

When it came to his turn, and Yoongi avoided him as well, Jimin suspected that his plan might have worked better than expected and Yoongi was thinking of asking him to mate.

Some alphas find it harder to control themselves when they start considering mating, and so they avoid the Omega when in heat until they discuss it.

Although his heat would be more painful and last longer, Jimin decided he didn't want another alpha to help him out.

It's not the first time he spends it alone; it happens pretty regularly.

The first time it happened, it was the first time Jungkook was supposed to assist him, right after the younger manifested.
Jimin's hormones, however, did not affect the newly-presented alpha.
The older also didn't feel like he was in the presence of an alpha.

The Omega suspected he knew the reason why.
He heard that sometimes, non-blood related families weren't affected.

Step-siblings or step-parents who were close like family acted like family and weren't affected.

Jimin has always treated Jungkook like a younger brother, him being the same age as his real brother helped.
Not to mention, after Yoongi stated he feels like Jungkook's father in passing, Jimin drew a made-up family in his head with them as parents and Jungkook as their child.

He tried to explain to the younger that it wasn't his fault and there was nothing wrong with him, but the younger was still embarrassed that he couldn't help an Omega the first time he tried.

He begged Jimin not to tell the others, and Jimin didn't mind.
He didn't want to sleep with the others more often than he already does, and he didn't want to bother Yoongi.
He just hoped this wouldn't affect the young alpha's confidence and he wished his first experience with an Omega wasn't like this.

Now, more than a year later, and the members still don't know that whenever it's Jungkook's turn to help Jimin, the Omega spends his heat alone and whenever it's Jungkook's rut, Yugyeom steps in.

When Jungkook told him that Yoongi asked one of them to step in to help Jimin in his place the omega requested Jungkook to say he'll do it.

A week after his heat began, Yoongi asked if it was safe to come home. Jimin's heat broke the day before, so he confirmed.
Yoongi's next text was asking to talk to all of them together, and Jimin's suspicion was intensifying, his hopes skyrocketing.

When he finally heard his name leave the alpha's mouth along with the word "mate" he didn't expect another Omega's name to come out with them.

He swears he could hear his heart shattering like glass.
For a moment he could feel the world crumbling around him, his vision spinning.

Looking back at it now, he probably shouldn't have followed a magazine's advice.
Everyone agreed they gave shitty suggestions but Jimin was desperate and he thought trying is still better than doing nothing.