Welcome back to Twin Peaks

Summer: July 7
Dear Diary,
My mother gave me this diary for my birthday a couple months ago, and I've recently decided to start writing in it.  Mostly out of boredom, but I've just moved back to where I was born, and where my mother and father were raised, Twin Peaks. It's like many of the logging towns here in the Pacific Northwest, except less rundowned and richer. But I must admit theres something creepy about this town like a forlonged lingering of enigma, waiting to be cleared though not wanting to be disturbed at the same time. I don't know, maybe I'm just being weird. I'm here because my grandfather is sick, he has cancer I think, but my mom refuses to tell me about details. She's stressed out as usual, because she will be having to take over my grandfathers duties now. My grandfather Benjamin Horne, is ahead of the department store, hotel and casino here in Twin Peaks, he'll will be having surgery soon. So I will have to help take care of grandpa, while my mom is busy shuffling away on business. 10 years ago the Horne business expanded to Oregon, where my mom was a head of before we came here. Can't say I'm too excited to be here, but I'm trying to make the best of it. One good thing is I'm closer to my dad. He used to just work there, but some odd years ago, big ed (he used to own the place) at 'Big Ed's Gas station' handed it over to my dad after his wife Nadine, who used to wear this eye patch, (overall a pretty wacky woman) died in some freak accident with drape runners. Ed ran off with the lady who owned the 'double r diner' named Norma, I think. While Norma gave the diner to my step-mom, Shelly. I also have a half-brother named Louie, he's only 6, and very cute. Shelly is alright, I appreciate how she doesnt try to act like my mom. She's more a friend/acquaintance. Speaking of Shelly she said she'll have some Cherry pie waiting for me when I get to the diner. Mom is out and I'm almost done unpacking. I think I'll pay her and my dad a visit, yum!

Later, Kaya

P.S. I've left you some basic facts about me, so we can clear the basic stuff up

1. I'm 16, going to be a junior this year

2. I love reading and listening to music

3. I like the woods here, I plan to venture out in them

4. I'm going to the same high school as my mom,dad and Shelly, Twin Peaks high, this fall

5.  The Log Lady as we call her, is prbably the only friend I've made so far here, most people think shes crazy, but I think she's full of wisdom.