Double R Diner

3rd pov:

It's mid afternoon at the double r diner, and Kaya walks in for cherry pie which shelly gives her.

Kaya: Where's dad?
Shelly: In the kitchen trying to cook.
Kaya: Since when could he cook?
Shelly: Key Word 'Trying'.
The sound of pots and pans are crashing to the floor.
Shelly: Bobby! What are you doing!?!
Bobby: Making an omelette.
Shelly: Well stop ditley ditatleying, and come and see your daughter.
His head pops up over the counter in the kitchen, he starts picking up the dishes in excitement.
Bobby: KAYA!
He sees her eating her pie, and he smiles at her. Kaya's mouth full of pie, she half smiles back, raising here eyebrows to show more mutual enjoyment out of seeing each other.
Bobby runs and slides on the wet floor towards Kaya. Shelly leaves them alone and goes off to get an order.
Bobby in total adoration of his daughter, puts his arm on the counter to hold up his head and looks at her.
Bobby: When did you get in my darling?
Kaya: dad don't call me that. Last night. I was swamped.
Bobby: Where's mom?
Kaya: At work.
Bobby: Already slaving away.
Kaya.:hmmm
Bobby: Don't eat too fast, or you might explode cherry pie.
Kaya: Not likely, but If I had another....
Bobby: Don't push it.
Kaya: I had to try.
Bobby:oh Hey! Shelly, Lou and I are suppose to go camping this weekend, but Shelly has to work. So how about all three of us go?
Kaya: I gotta ask mom.
Bobby: Come on! it's summer what could you be possibly be doing?
Kaya: Unpacking the rest of my things when the movers come tomorrow.
Bobby: Yes, unpacking isn't life and you need to spend sometime with your old man.
Kaya: Dad it's only been since last summer.
Bobby: Yes! I know, I'm just super excited that you are staying here. I get to spend more time with you.
Kaya: Yes, I know but we have more time now. No need to rush things. Anyways if I can't go we can go another time.
Bobby: ughh! I'm just so glad you're staying. Love you.
Kaya: Love you too dad.
Kaya looks over her dads shoulder and sees the log lady sitting in a booth. Bobby and his daughter engage in a little more conversation, before Bobby heads off to go pick up Louie at daycare. They say their goodbyes.Kaya walks over to the log lady and sits on the other side of her booth.
Kaya: Hello!
Log Lady: (whispers) You will be one to make dusk finally go down and the fog to simmer.
Kaya: um okay. really?
The log lady leans over to her, puts her head in Kaya's forehead.
Log Lady: The fire has started again.